All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

SopJob says hello

SopJob

Hi,

I joined this forum yesterday because I liked the visual appeal and the friendly atmosphere.
I am a sax amateur since the age of 15 and have moved from tenor to soprano in 2007. Nowadays, I play the soprano almost exclusively. It is my favourite pastime.

johnboy

Hi and welcome aboard,

You can dive in, and enjoy the barmy friendship that we all enjoy!

John.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi, big welcome from me. I've seena great post from you already, good stuff! Enjoy the fun!

Sunray

Hey Hey SopJob ...

A big welcome to the forum mate ...

I'm just a beginner to all things making music ... Never played until I was 63 - lol ;}

I got loads to learn ... but this is the place for that ...

Cheers mate ... :cheers:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi and welcome, or should I say Guten Abend und willkommen.
Great to have someone to help me with my german homework.(Evening class only!)
Andrew

Ville K.

Hello SopJob!

Welcome to Café!

I have been a member here just a short while but already feel like being at home :) This Café sure is addictive ;}

Enjoy the friendly banter!

Kind regards,

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Sopjob

Welcome aboard there's usually lots of fun and interesting things going on here hope you enjoy it ...john

TomMapfumo

Hi There!

A very warm welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down here in Wales. I started on Soprano sax - a Rampone Cazzani straight. What instrument do you play. My main connection with Germany is using the Thomann online music site, mainly for mouthpieces, mutes and suchlike. I love Jan Garbarek on Soprano particularly, and some of the Portico Quartet music also.

Have a good time here!
Kind regards
Tom

SopJob

My instrument

Hi Tom, thanks for asking. I have a straight Yanagisawa S-981 in brass and use the standard mouthpiece that comes with the instrument. The Rampone that I tried was a straight R1 Jazz. As I've said in my post, tone and tuning were excellent, but the low Eb and C keys were set too high for me. I could not place my finger properly on top or move the rollers. In addition, I had the impression that the sax had gathered some dust for some time. The silver was tarnished here and there, and I had no idea whether the surface had been lacquered or not. Initially, I liked the tone of the Rampone much more, but back then, I was a beginner on the soprano (plus an amateur at the same time). The Yanagisawa was much easier to handle. Besides, I knew that my sound would develop. I am now quite content with it. My favourite sop players are Sidney Bechet and Bill Evans. I also have a CD on which Gerry Mulligan plays soprano. It's fantastic and the only really good track on the CD. Kind regards, Frank.
Hi There!

A very warm welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down here in Wales. I started on Soprano sax - a Rampone Cazzani straight. What instrument do you play. My main connection with Germany is using the Thomann online music site, mainly for mouthpieces, mutes and suchlike. I love Jan Garbarek on Soprano particularly, and some of the Portico Quartet music also.

Have a good time here!
Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

thehunt

Viele Gruße aus Chigwell. Good to have you onboard, it seems our German contingent is growing. You are almost neigbours with our Kev. Phil

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom