support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Some site feedback please

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
On tamingthesaxophone.com I'm trying an experiment:

I've put the "social sharing" buttons in a fixed box at the bottom right.

I realise this could be annoying, OTOH these things are a necessary evil these days - it's very handy to have these clicked on, especially getting the face book likes and tweets. Each time a like is clicked by a Facebook user or a page tweeted, the visible count goes up and this helps with getting page views and ultimately advertising revenue, which all helps with the fundraising.

On taming, the buttons used to be along the top (as they are with this site), but I'm experimenting to see if the current layout makes them more visible and clickable, or not.

BTW, please click away on them, it all helps, not just pages on tamingthesaxophone.com , but also for this site: any threads you like is a good idea to "like" or tweet them.

Pete,
As an ancient, non-tweeter or facer (that sounds dodgy), how can the great technophobes help?

Pete,
As an ancient, non-tweeter or facer (that sounds dodgy), how can the great technophobes help?

You can't really, apart from letting me know if it's re4ally annoying having that box stuck in the corner.

maybe I should try it here on the forum and see if I get howls of protest, like when the beans disappeared.

Hey Pete - Feedback ...

Great site - Good layout - easy to read and circumnavigate ... :thumb: A great resource ... :thumb:

Extremely minor nit pick: [only cos you asked] ;}

The only button I find annoying is the Share button ...

It always opens [on mouse over] when going to a link to read a thread [or topic] ...

So I am more inclined to concentrate and ensure I don't mouse over it ... :shocked:

So positive avoidance because it opens all the time - prolly means I won't click it as its seen as a pest ...

I will click away on your buttons to help out as you've requested - :)

Thanks for all your hard work ... :w00t:

I'm with sunray & OG. I don't tweet or do facebook or any of the social networking stuff. Putting the boxes at the bottom would work better for me. Because of the mouse over that Sunray mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom