PPT mouthpieces

Sleeveless Cardigan or Woolen Vest

Mat

Locality
Melbourne, Australia
Odd question I understand........

What do you get when you cross a kangaroo with a sheep? A wooly jumper.... However, it doesn't get you a sleeveless cardigan. Australia seems void of such valid items of clothing. Wondering if anyone can point me to a store in England or online that they can vouch for. And... what the heck is it called.... Buttons down the front, wool, with no sleeves......

Cheers.

Just asked expert (wife). She said , waist coat, body warmer, jerkin, gilet. Or if no luck there, knit a cardigan but dont do the sleeves.

try ..Woollen waistcoats for men.. on amazon. (Other stores are available)

Just asked expert (wife). She said , waist coat, body warmer, jerkin, gilet. Or if no luck there, knit a cardigan but dont do the sleeves.
Ok if I don't try to knit?!

Well what the cricketers wear is known as a woollen vest, and I got plenty of hits searching for that. (I'm in Australia.)
Way too many places in Australia that sell them to list, but I see Sportscraft have an ad, they are likely to be found in a shopping mall, I'd try Rivers too.

Well what the cricketers wear is known as a woollen vest, and I got plenty of hits searching for that. (I'm in Australia.)
Way too many places in Australia that sell them to list, but I see Sportscraft have an ad, they are likely to be found in a shopping mall, I'd try Rivers too.

Buttons down the front ? Aussie cricketers are even more stylish than I thought.

Rhys

Buttons down the front ? Aussie cricketers are even more stylish than I thought.

Rhys
No, the cricketers wear the same as the English cricketers, no buttons, but still called a woollen vest (or Woolen, there's both spellings in the results).
It seemed to me that the OP is trying to find a vest in Australia, but more so wondering what to call it, so I googled, there's lots of results, both with and without buttons, so it really shouldn't be hard at all. There's also lots of wool mill outlets selling them too for that "homemade" quality.
s-l400(0).jpg

Those guys look good in them.
If I wear one I will just be an old guy in a sweater.

Maybe I can get mothball scented spray too.

Button front tank top. Make sure to add mens. Some of the ladies ones have the buttons undone and I lost a morning. Also listed under granddad cardigan. :old:

"Vest" is an alternative word for waistcoat, sometimes you see it used in UK but most often used by Americans

Back
Top Bottom