• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Selmer Supreme alto (quick look)

Always wanted an Alto Sax made of silver or grenadilla.
It's been some years since I tried Yanagisawa's silver horns, but they were always seemingly the better playing horns shown at the Symposium; and at least on one occasion were the best in show for me one year. I remember a bari in particular that was a true joy to give a go. And not to say it's the material doing the magic, as I suppose much more care goes into making them.
 
It's been some years since I tried Yanagisawa's silver horns, but they were always seemingly the better playing horns shown at the Symposium; and at least on one occasion were the best in show for me one year. I remember a bari in particular that was a true joy to give a go. And not to say it's the material doing the magic, as I suppose much more care goes into making them.
And on would hope that any instruments placed on display would have been very carefully gone through and fettled.
 
It's been some years since I tried Yanagisawa's silver horns, but they were always seemingly the better playing horns shown at the Symposium; and at least on one occasion were the best in show for me one year. I remember a bari in particular that was a true joy to give a go. And not to say it's the material doing the magic, as I suppose much more care goes into making them.
I played their solid silver bari - it's a beast! Practically plays itself.
But on the whole, the more an instrument costs the more likely a manufacturer will have given it some special attention.
On the whole, mind.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,265
Messages
576,208
Members
8,084
Latest member
Richard Walker
Back
Top Bottom