support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

See, I do have friends. Not like what she says.Cow.

A hornet has just invaded my space in my cab, he/she was lucky, i couldn't roll my paper quick enough >:)
I've just got off the phone from it. You couldn't have just taken it on the Beatles Magical Mystery tour? I've booked your cab now and you are to collect a whole hive of them from Liverpool Lime St at 2 o' clock.

Guys and gals. I am talking thousands and thousands of the things finding their way in via the sliding windows, the persiana boxes, the roof space. It is no joke and sorry and all that, but I really cannot see anyone being able to put up with them. No good trying to escape outside, there are three times as many out there. The house that I live in is not a modern house, its a campo house, a bit of a dump that people like me with three dogs and two cats and some saxophones live in because of the land and the lack of close neighbours. Oh gosh yuk, soz ant type critters, but it is death to invade me.

IMG_0786.JPG
I'm beginning to worry about you Jeremy ;)
I've been worried for a while now...

Stepping away from our no longer anted house, we visited a beautiful place in Saint Paul de Vence: the Maeght Fondation.

IMG_20170816_113037585.jpg

If you're an art lover and visit the area, go see it. Lots of pieces from Míro, Braque, Chagall, Giacometti and others.

There was a special exhibit from Eduardo Arroyo and I'd like to dedicate the following two...

IMG_20170816_120416426.jpg

For our dear @Jeanette

IMG_20170816_120432887.jpg

For @Targa. ;)

I've been worried for a while now...

Privacy law in Spain is not as tough as it is in France Alice, but goodness me its a bit much. I have just got all tarted up for the meeting of the Spanish Masonic Lodge doubling with the Mississipi Moderate Party and I get snapped on me way to the car with me badge of office and in me ceremonials. Come on, give a bloke a break. No not that sort, the other sort.

I have a decent pic I would like to upload. When I do I get a message that the "file" is to big to upload. It isnt, what is the prob? Anyone know?
Mike

dragonfly (2).jpg Oh my, I got it on here but it has taken me about an hour, and now I have two. Anyway, I found this fantastic creature in the lane when I was out with the dogs the other morning. I dont think he will have made it. I picked him up from the middle of the lane and he whizzed his wings like mad but clearly couldnt fly. So, I put him up on a wall and took a few pics as you dont often get a chance to study one of these. He may just have been tired. The other night there was a terrific storm and when I went outside in the grey morning I found a little fat brown pidgeon sitting all plumped up on the terrace. Lucky thing, I have two cats and several guest cats. I picked it up and popped it in a cat box thinking that it would die as they always seem to do, then took it outside after a couple of hours, put it on my hand and tried to get it to flay aways. It wouldnt. I smoothed its tail feathers a bit and all of a sudden off it went. I was once an engine/airframe fitter on passenger jets. Seems I learned a little about flight and how to repair flying things and I thought I had gone through six years of it and learned nothing whatsoever.
dragonfly (2).jpg

I haven't seen many 'libellules' this summer. :(

I would trade them for hornets or wasps any day.

Last week I had an English builder and two Spanish builders working upstairs, and the English one overheard a conversation which he and I found interesting and pretty bloody hilarious.
The first called a question out to the other who was in another room.
"What?" came the response.
The first tried again.
'WHAAAT?"
Eventually the first went through to the other and with gestures and facial expressions the meaning emerged.
These two guys are not from different areas of the country, they are both Andalucian, both from Lanjaron, and not only are they brothers -- they are identical twins.
The explanation given by one was that in Andalucia people speak not to communicate, but to express -- if the other doesn't grok what you mean -- so what!

I have one-to-one Spanish lessons two or three times a week, though my progress is slow, but if the locals can barely understand each other I shall not feel quite so hopeless next time a shop assistant furrows her brow and says "QUE?"

As my old Russian Babushka used to say, "A long scarf has no pockets."
Quite so.

Eek

15035195950321797936710.jpg

Sat quite happily on the lounge wall!!

Jx

I did not used to mind a spider or two, but since finding the great heavy jet black ones and the even more evil brown ones that have enormous fang like things and that will rear up on their back four or so legs and brandish them, I am wary and go nowhere without a glass and an old Christmas card. And a slipper.

Daughter stung by bumblebee yesterday

She now knows not to rescue a drowning bee with a bare hand

Daughter stung by bumblebee yesterday

She now knows not to rescue a drowning bee with a bare hand
Teach her to do it properly, I frequently have to rescue them from the greenhouse.
Trying to guide them to the wide open door or window doesn't work so I catch them by a wing and put them out.

Odd, not frightened of bees. Should be I suppose. Seems far fetched but after posting here yesterday I found one of those horrible jet black monster spiders upside down on the floor. I used the glass and put it outside and photo´d it but its such a fag to upload that I didnt. My internet connection is an ongoing joke, I reboot at least 20 times a day, and I am losing the will to battle it.
Cheers all
Have a good weekend
Mike

The more I get to know my builders, the more impressed I am with their abilities, (and the more guilty I feel regarding my initial prejudiced impressions -- gleaned from many years on English building sites).

I've learned that one of them is also known as the best tree surgeon in the district, and has a great balance of art and craft, another has management skills and quietly organises the others without a ripple, as well as acting as interpreter for me -- and all of them work with a passion for beauty which I respect and share.

The other week, one of them was shovelling debris, when he disturbed a very large centipede -- one of the nasty sort which can be very aggressive when upset. Although well armed for its destruction, instead he scooped up the offending insect with the shovel, and sent it down the terraces. Had that been me - then - I would have definitely killed it in a panic.
When a similar beast, about seven inches long emerged from beneath the sofa a few nights back, it enjoyed the benefit of my builder's good example. I gently scooped it up, with a very long-handled shovel, and dropped it over the balcony.

I've come to think that our propensity for killing things we are afraid of says a great deal about how we see the world, and how fundamentally secure we feel in it. For that reason, I'll not consider myself a truly balanced individual until my neurotic urge to kill that which I fear has completely disappeared.

Now I'm off to give the kittens a lecture on Peace and Conflict with respect to Mice.