support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophone Champion

tengu01

Hi Pete,

I was interested in becoming one of the 'saxophone champions' and had a quick question: A few months ago, I wrote a number of posts describing my experiences while out busking in Australia and New Zealand. I have more about Canada and London which I haven't posted yet but intend to.

Would it be alright if I pulled together the previous posts from Oz and NZ in one place and then added to new ones as I go along?

Cheers

Hi Pete,

I was interested in becoming one of the 'saxophone champions' and had a quick question: A few months ago, I wrote a number of posts describing my experiences while out busking in Australia and New Zealand. I have more about Canada and London which I haven't posted yet but intend to.

Would it be alright if I pulled together the previous posts from Oz and NZ in one place and then added to new ones as I go along?

Yes, except that this sounds more like a blog. The Champions section is for a sort of one-off article. If it's ongoing, but revolves around you then a blog might be best. (As opposed to a topic for discussion).

A blog and an article can still have others responding but in more of a free for all way, as opposed to you being "on a soapbox" Kind of thing.

Or you could do both.

Write a Champion article pulled together from past experiences, but then link it to a blog as an ongoing continuation.

What I don't think is so good is to copy and paste from older threads, it would be better to write an original article, or paraphrase. The reason for this is the way Google search engine works - any large chunks of duplicate content can get ignored.

If in doubt just write the champion article, I can then advise before actual publishing whether it might be better as a blog or whatever.

I'm glad you brought this up because I want to revive some interest in the Champions idea.

So I'll move this to the Breakfastroom section.

This prompted me to look at this area of the site, previously much neglected by me, it must be said, and I have just spent a fascinating hour reading "The History of the Saxophone Solo" - it lists every hit song from the '50s that featured a sax solo and where possible identifies the player.

And from this I learn that in 1988 Stan Getz played on Small World by Huey Lewis and the News:w00t:

You could knock me down wiv a fevver..........

This prompted me to look at this area of the site, previously much neglected by me,

I'd be very happy for everyone to read, comment, contribute.

It started as an experiment. The point of having articles on cafesaxophone is for them to be more interactive and involving this community, as opposed to tamingthesaxophone.com which is just me writing stuff.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom