Saxophone Champion

tengu01

Hi Pete,

I was interested in becoming one of the 'saxophone champions' and had a quick question: A few months ago, I wrote a number of posts describing my experiences while out busking in Australia and New Zealand. I have more about Canada and London which I haven't posted yet but intend to.

Would it be alright if I pulled together the previous posts from Oz and NZ in one place and then added to new ones as I go along?

Cheers

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Hi Pete,

I was interested in becoming one of the 'saxophone champions' and had a quick question: A few months ago, I wrote a number of posts describing my experiences while out busking in Australia and New Zealand. I have more about Canada and London which I haven't posted yet but intend to.

Would it be alright if I pulled together the previous posts from Oz and NZ in one place and then added to new ones as I go along?
Yes, except that this sounds more like a blog. The Champions section is for a sort of one-off article. If it's ongoing, but revolves around you then a blog might be best. (As opposed to a topic for discussion).

A blog and an article can still have others responding but in more of a free for all way, as opposed to you being "on a soapbox" Kind of thing.

Or you could do both.

Write a Champion article pulled together from past experiences, but then link it to a blog as an ongoing continuation.

What I don't think is so good is to copy and paste from older threads, it would be better to write an original article, or paraphrase. The reason for this is the way Google search engine works - any large chunks of duplicate content can get ignored.

If in doubt just write the champion article, I can then advise before actual publishing whether it might be better as a blog or whatever.

I'm glad you brought this up because I want to revive some interest in the Champions idea.

So I'll move this to the Breakfastroom section.

OP
tengu01

tengu01

Hi Pete, by the looks of it, you're very right and it does look like more of a blog. I'll post in the appropriate section of the forum

Cheers :)

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Go for it- I remember your articles being great bits of writing. The one about busking in Australia was a thing of great beauty

Saxlicker

Is the sax champions thing still out there?
I don't see a link to it.
:blush:
The blush is for when some one points it out.

OK I have found it now:blush: :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

dooce

This prompted me to look at this area of the site, previously much neglected by me, it must be said, and I have just spent a fascinating hour reading "The History of the Saxophone Solo" - it lists every hit song from the '50s that featured a sax solo and where possible identifies the player.

And from this I learn that in 1988 Stan Getz played on Small World by Huey Lewis and the News:w00t:

You could knock me down wiv a fevver..........

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
This prompted me to look at this area of the site, previously much neglected by me,
I'd be very happy for everyone to read, comment, contribute.

It started as an experiment. The point of having articles on cafesaxophone is for them to be more interactive and involving this community, as opposed to tamingthesaxophone.com which is just me writing stuff.

Top Bottom