support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sax Assault - November 3rd - Southampton

Not to be missed. It's a really nice venue as well.

The Turner Sims website says £15 or £10 for workshop participants and concessions. But I couldn't see anything about what that workshop might be - maybe something to do with the University ?

Rhys

I've got to go, hopefully to both workshop and gig.

Rhys

I'm definitely going to the gig, and trying to re-organise a few things to get to the workshop too. See you there hopefully :)

That's my teacher, Mike Hall, playing the tenor solo at about 3:35. Been to one of Andy Scott's workshops, playing some of his SaxAssault charts. Well worth it if you can get there.

I haven't met Mike Hall but am good friends with Andy Scott. Mike Hall is head of Jazz at RNCM isn't he? Do you study there or have private lessons? Played the original Sax Assault charts back in August - loved every minute of it :) I'm also going to the RNCM day this coming weekend - you going?

I haven't met Mike Hall but am good friends with Andy Scott. Mike Hall is head of Jazz at RNCM isn't he?
Yep. He usually does a couple of improv worlshops at the sax day. Nice guy.
Do you study there or have private lessons?
Private (occasional) lessons.
Played the original Sax Assault charts back in August - loved every minute of it :) I'm also going to the RNCM day this coming weekend - you going?
Yes. I'll be the tall balding bloke. Will probably take the luminous pink sop (Well, i got got cheap) and, if I can get my chops into some kind of shape, sopranino (that one's not pink). Or possibly the bari. So I shouldn't be hard to spot.

Yep. He usually does a couple of improv worlshops at the sax day. Nice guy.

Private (occasional) lessons.

Yes. I'll be the tall balding bloke. Will probably take the luminous pink sop (Well, i got got cheap) and, if I can get my chops into some kind of shape, sopranino (that one's not pink). Or possibly the bari. So I shouldn't be hard to spot.

Will look out for you, shouldn't be too hard to spot with a pink sax :)

I've just booked my ticket for the gig tonight at Turner Sims in Southampton. I couldn't persuade any of my dozen or so sax playing chums to come with me, so I will be the saddo on his own in the third row back.

Anyone else going tonight ?

Rhys

See you there, I'm 4th row back, seats 17 and 18 I think. There are 8 of us going altogether, should be a great concert, can't believe any of your sax mates don't think it's worth going to see!

I've just booked my ticket for the gig tonight at Turner Sims in Southampton. I couldn't persuade any of my dozen or so sax playing chums to come with me, so I will be the saddo on his own in the third row back.

Anyone else going tonight ?

Rhys

Ah well I won't be there, tonight is one of the rare occasions I leave the safety of Southampton. I write this as I sip a cappuccino in a cafe in Upper St, will be seeing the Dirty Dozen tonight.