PPT mouthpieces

Rico Reeds Workshop

Corona4007

Locality
Cambridge NZ
Howdy,
Picked up a brochure recently at the local music shop advertising a free :)welldone) workshop coming up for the preparation, preservation and personalisation of reeds. I will go along and check it out however I wondered if other forum members had been to this type of workshop before and if so did they gain anything from it :confused:

As it's being sponsored by Rico I would guess there are not too many other options up for discussion and maybe this is a limiting factor?

Appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

Well I've never had a workshop, but I have only been at this for a little over a month. However it sounds great. I personally am a big fan of Rico brand reeds. They do have a wide range of reeds too. The Royals, plasticoat, jazz cut to name a few, if nothing else it would be an excellent way to get to know the brand. I would go.

Howdy,
Picked up a brochure recently at the local music shop advertising a free :)welldone) workshop coming up for the preparation, preservation and personalisation of reeds. I will go along and check it out however I wondered if other forum members had been to this type of workshop before and if so did they gain anything from it :confused:

As it's being sponsored by Rico I would guess there are not too many other options up for discussion and maybe this is a limiting factor?

Appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

I saw this advertised in the Hamilton Rock Shop last week.

http://www.kbbmusic.co.nz/Events/Events+Calendar.html

It should be pretty good and you might be able to score some discounted reeds.

I think I saw Michael Jamieson play several years as a member of the Wellington quartet Saxcess - he was a student of Debbie Rawson, classical sax tutor at the Wellington Music School.

Have a good time and an one or two dollar donation that's pretty good.

Over the years KBB have put on a few of these clinics with Jim Langabeer, Brian Smith, Nathan Haines, Tim Hopkins, etc.

Greg S.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can give them a bit of feedback about the poor finishing we're seeing now. It's getting like sandpaper on my lip.