support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Reggae Saxophone?

There are now over 35 videos all in the playlist

A few are over an hour long, so there may be 5 hours of listening here!

Also, this list is rich in resources. If you care to look at each channel where you like something a lot, you may find it collects other things like it. Rather than let the YouTube algorithm decide to show you what it thinks you'll like, you can peruse these and choose for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the added ones, which I have in turn added to the Café Saxophone Reggae Playlist.
Newer players, such as me, can benefit from playing along with this music because you can play at any speed against all this mostly slow, mostly major stuff. I know I do.

here's Studio One's house band, The Soul Vendors from 1968 playing on the 'Love Won't Come Easy' rhythm.
According to one website I found, they were said to have "recorded a minimum of twelve songs a day for five days a week in two and a half consecutive years (1966 to 1968) backing hits by artists such as Slim Smith, Alton Ellis, Toots & The Maytals, the Wailing Wailers and many more."
View: https://youtu.be/W7rv4YEnL1k

here's Studio One's house band, The Soul Vendors from 1968 playing on the 'Love Won't Come Easy' rhythm.
According to one website I found, they were said to have "recorded a minimum of twelve songs a day for five days a week in two and a half consecutive years (1966 to 1968) backing hits by artists such as Slim Smith, Alton Ellis, Toots & The Maytals, the Wailing Wailers and many more."
View: https://youtu.be/W7rv4YEnL1k
I'm in Bristol this coming weekend, there's a pub called the Cadbury that I'm told plays non stop Reggae, hoping to pay it a visit

I'm in Bristol this coming weekend, there's a pub called the Cadbury that I'm told plays non stop Reggae, hoping to pay it a visit
looks like they do a sunday roast and reggae - local@theCadbury

I'd imagine there are a few pubs in the Stokes Croft area that have reggae - the 4th of August is Jamaican Independence day, so there should be a few events on

looks like they do a sunday roast and reggae - local@theCadbury

I'd imagine there are a few pubs in the Stokes Croft area that have reggae - the 4th of August is Jamaican Independence day, so there should be a few events on
Will hopefully manage to get them to venture that way on Sunday, I'm sure I'll manage a pint there at some point,. Apologies for taking this of topic @randulo It wouldn't be a bad one to start though,a bit like the book thread @Halfers started. Recommended pubs, bars, etc for good music

There's an argument for your comments in that the post is focused on reggae. OT would be talking about a jam session in Scotland >:). Nothing wrong with a brief tangent that is related to the topic, IMO. Also, I like to see stuff moved if it starts arguments or side discussions. This takes away, rather than adds to a post. Your comment is fine and adds to the post.

Actually I forgot about these guys and they're local to me - Katchafire - these guys have a big following in Hawaii, New Caledonia, Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga and play big festivals in Australia and Southern California and their music was used a lot in the Aussie soap "Home And Away" a few years back...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-KLD-ncoYQ

Greg S.