support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Reeds Reed Storage help please?

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
:confused:

Now I'm collecting more reeds, Alto and Tenor, to try and also bulk bought when I like a particular one, what's the best way to store them?

I'm aware the Rico type single plastic cases are good, but some reeds just come on a cardboard backing, plus at the moment they're all jumbled up in my sax case - not good.

Is there a bulk storage system that keeps them in good condition, and allows segregation and easy identification?

DIY or retail, I don't mind.

Thanks.

:thumb:

Hi, I have a Rico case that holds all sizes of reed and allows the inclusion of a crystal pack which keeps them at optimum hydration levels. You can keep eight in there at a time. I can't actually remember where I bought it - but I think via ebay, as it was better value. It fits easily into my sax case. I use it for 4 alto and 4 tenor that I am using at the time so I can rotate them. I have a fair sized collection that I keep just in the single reed cases.

The Rico Reed Case is an excellent suggestion. I have several of the Rico Reed Guards that I use to store reeds which are about 1/4 the cost of the reed case. I also save the plastic cases so I have several on hand to use when reeds come in the cardboard sleeves.

:confused:

Now I'm collecting more reeds, Alto and Tenor, to try and also bulk bought when I like a particular one, what's the best way to store them?

I'm aware the Rico type single plastic cases are good, but some reeds just come on a cardboard backing, plus at the moment they're all jumbled up in my sax case - not good.

Is there a bulk storage system that keeps them in good condition, and allows segregation and easy identification?

DIY or retail, I don't mind.

Thanks.

:thumb:

Your talking many many reeds aren't you I have bought a multi store box from B&Q used for storing nails and screws and things,they are a perfect size for most of the reeds that come in boxes ie RICO vandoren etc if you buy a lot of RICO reeds you will accumulate a good number of the single plastic holders and empty boxes so you can use them to store the one that come on a card etc.....John

Back
Top Bottom