PPT mouthpieces

re-hi from an old forum member

AndyWhiteford

Locality
Glasgow
hi everyone, Andy Whiteford here in Glasgow, I used to be a member of this forum as "andyw", but that name is taken by someone else here now :-/
I'm coming back to the saxophone a little, I played it for 20 years ++, but recently moved to clarinet & violin when I fell in love with, and started playing, "jazz manouche" music.

Welcome back to the caff©, Andy.

Yes, I am an ignorant slob but what is jazz manouche and, more important, how do you pronounce ti?

ENJOY!​™

Hi Andy,

Welcome back. Jazz manouche, I'll get me maccaferri out.

Andy

Hi, welcome back from me. Not sure if we met in the past or not. Have fun!

Welcome. Those of us who are more romantically inclined have had a smooch to jazz manouche.

That old Louche,
Moose-the-Mooche,
was a big, big fan
of Jazz Manouche....

it's also known as "Jazz Gitane", or "Gypsy jazz", or "Hot Club"

think Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grappelli, or -for clarinet- Evan Christopher & Ken Peplowski:
- Fast swinging jazz with sparkling old Selmer acoustic guitars and NO DRUMMERS [yay!!]

-A-

Welcome back Andy :D "Just when i was out, they pulled me back in"

Jazz Manouche...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welome from the west coast of canada from another gj player. Sax and guitar.

The Rosenberg Trio were slated to play with Evan Christopher a few weeks ago but US Homeland Security thought them a threat to national security so no visa.

Hi Andy, welcome back to the cafe. Thanks for the video Trimmy I enjoyed that.

Jim.

Those acoustic guitars are made by our friends "Henri Selmer of Paris", but if you think their mk6
saxophones are getting expensive, wait til you see the prices of the original Selmer guitars, as played by Django Reinhardt:
- typically US$ 30,000 to US$ 40,000 . . :w00t:

My Japanese Saga copy wasn't quite as expensive as that. And if it was worth that now it would no longer be mine!
It's aged well in the last twenty five years. I wish I had.

And I thought The Hot Club de France were merely arsonists.

Hi Andy and welcome, glad someone else asked the question what is Manouche. I did not want to show my ignorance. Just shows you I thought I knew everything.>:) Best Regards N.

Back
Top Bottom