support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Radial Position of Neck.

old git

Tremendous Bore
I use a completely different neck position for playing standing, which is fairly normal, than sitting, because there would be a clash between the sax body and the Zimmer Frame.
Turning the neck and levelling the mouthpiece results in a rise of around fifteen cents in the tuning yet the neck and socket appear to be flat and at ninety degrees to the longtitudal axis of the body and the mouthpiece remains on the same marks.
Help please.

It's all to do with the way sound waves are developed. By turning the neck you're interfering with the designer's intended eddy current (remember him?) vortex flow. If you're going to turn the neck by that sort of radical amount you need a toroidal flux nano-filter to resolve your tuning issues. Not cheap, but highly effective. As it happens, I have one I can let you have for £99. Delivery to your door by bloke on a big BMW bike included.

I use a completely different neck position for playing standing...

Either that or I'll cut a slot in your Zimmer frame next time I'm round.>:)

Or hold his head up a bit, perhaps with a block and tackle in the vaulted ceiling of OG Towers. Maybe get one of the oiks to affix it to the chandelier.

(We are talking about his neck, and not the sax neck ... ?)

Phil

Hi Bill,

is your tuning sharp in both lower and middle registers?

if it is its probably that RPC mouthpiece - I´ll take it orf your grubby mitts for a bullseye. plus postage of course. :))) would you accept euros as I´m in Frankfurt at the musik messe.

could it be that when you turn your crook to avoid your zimmer the loop at the bottom of the crook key makes contact with the top arm of your octave mech this would make the lower register squeak and the upper register sharp as the octave key will be opening more.

Hi Bill,
could it be that when you turn your crook to avoid your zimmer the loop at the bottom of the crook key makes contact with the top arm of your octave mech this would make the lower register squeak and the upper register sharp as the octave key will be opening more.
Isn't that normal for me?

Was going to drop in to see you today, will Jon pay my return airfare? Apparently airlines won't accept my bus pass.

I just wonder, given the posting date & poster, whether this is an April fool or not. It seems a bit smelly to me.

What our revered elder play a trick on us? Never, you are speaking of a man of true honour and scruples.

Might I direct you to this thread on the old forum in which he was prepared to stand up to Mr Howard:Cryoreeds

But as always, I could be wrong! ;}

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
What our revered elder play a trick on us? Never, you are speaking of a man of true honour and scruples.

Might I direct you to this thread on the old forum in which he was prepared to stand up to Mr Howard:Cryoreeds

But as always, I could be wrong! ;}

Chris

:)))

I've been living too far south for a long time, humour lke this is sadly lacking around here - and I almost thought people were treatingt he original as serious, till the date dropped. Humour lessons greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom