support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Purple Logo

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
I am curious,what is it about the desirability of these Yamaha's,is there a real difference between purple's and non purple's

On a lighter note if i put this purple logo on my sax will it give me a chocolatey sound.

cadbury.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fraser ,should have done a search,was on hols when this thread was being discussed.

I am curious,what is about the desirability of these Yamaha's,is there a real difference between purple's and non purple's

On a lighter note if i put this purple logo on my sax will it give me a chocolatey sound.

View attachment 2832
The original were hand made, hand crafted and everything done by hand in Japan and play tested by top pro players before leaving the workshop or sending them out to sell.
I don't think that is done today.

i want chocolate now, so off to the fridge, and no my fridge doesn't have a purple logo on it before anyone asks! :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
I have owned a few Yamaha's mainly in my early part of my sax journey,can't remember if any were purple logos,it seems that these have been discussed more over the last few years,

Lucky you there is no chocolate in our fridge:(

i want chocolate now, so off to the fridge, and no my fridge doesn't have a purple logo on it before anyone asks! :)))

But, I bet it's made by Yamaha>:)>:):))):)))

I know close the door on the way out;}

Chris..

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! The Buffet - Martin gang are after you lot!!! :w00t:

The original were hand made, hand crafted and everything done by hand in Japan and play tested by top pro players before leaving the workshop or sending them out to sell.
I don't think that is done today.

I somehow get the feeling that this may not have been the case for the 21,23,25 & 32 Purple Logos (cost Prohibitive ?) .. all saxes are "hand crafted" to a large degree as far as I know, even the lowest chinese ones, unless someone has invented a machine where you throw brass sheet, leather, steel rods and a bucket of springs in one end and get a sax out the other :shocked: .

In the review of the 21 Alto Steve howard said the Purple Logo was a way Yamaha saved money as it was cheaper than engraving

To Quote "" An unusual aspect is the lack of engraving. I assume that Yamaha felt a saving could be made by dispensing with costly engraving on the bell, and in its place is a simple but elegant transfer"" ... Hmmmmmm Maybe the logo part of the equasion is Myth and it`s just that Yam were pro testing the 61s and 62s around that period ?

I somehow get the feeling that this may not have been the case for the 21,23,25 & 32 Purple Logos (cost Prohibitive ?) .. all saxes are "hand crafted" to a large degree as far as I know, even the lowest chinese ones, unless someone has invented a machine where you throw brass sheet, leather, steel rods and a bucket of springs in one end and get a sax out the other :shocked: .

In the review of the 21 Alto Steve howard said the Purple Logo was a way Yamaha saved money as it was cheaper than engraving

To Quote "" An unusual aspect is the lack of engraving. I assume that Yamaha felt a saving could be made by dispensing with costly engraving on the bell, and in its place is a simple but elegant transfer"" ... Hmmmmmm Maybe the logo part of the equasion is Myth and it`s just that Yam were pro testing the 61s and 62s around that period ?
sorry, i was not clear, i was meaning 62's

Re: Pruple Logo

If anyone's interested I'm selling a YAS-61 Pruple Logo, in excellent condition. Please see below....

:D Only joking!! Just thought I'd get the "haters" blood boiling. Calm down dears.....

Disclaimer: I accept that this even this jovial post may upset people who like to post about posts people have posted on other people's threads where the original poster was posting about a completely different subject to the one my post might relate to. I am deeply sorry. :(

;}

if purple's so important, I'm surprised these aren't more popular -

tj horn purple.jpg

ce winds 5spot.jpg

egr lig.jpg

>:)

If anyone's interested I'm selling a YAS-61 Pruple Logo, in excellent condition. Please see below....

:D Only joking!! Just thought I'd get the "haters" blood boiling. Calm down dears.....

Disclaimer: I accept that this even this jovial post may upset people who like to post about posts people have posted on other people's threads where the original poster was posting about a completely different subject to the one my post might relate to. I am deeply sorry. :(

;}
Don't think you'll feel so "jovial" once N-Power have carved you to ribbons:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom