PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces PPT Soprano Mouthpieces now on sale

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
I am really happy to be able to offer the PPT mouthpiece for sale. Thanks to all the testers/reviewers who took part in the passaround.

These are available in size 5,6 and 7 (similar to Otto Link sizing)

I am offering a special introductory offer £129.

As with the Onyxite tenors these are a design by myself and Ed Pillinger, hand finished by Ed. (NB Jan Garbarek is using Pillinger mouthpieces on soprano).

Wow, sold two within 5 minutes of this thread going up!

Hurry folks they are selling like hot cakes (and they sound better I hope). The discount may only last for a while.

I've ordered a number 7 as well. Was umming and ahhing about whether to buy one (spent a bit recently, laptops for each daughter and for me as well!) but then I read my own review on Pete's site which reminded me how impressed I was. So bought one.

Jan Garbarek is now playing a Theo Wanne Gaia HR on soprano but has played a Pillinger, an Otto Link, a Lebayle Metal Studio and a Berg Larsen Ebonite.

He obviously now suffers from GAS, and may soon order a PPT!

Jan Garbarek is now playing a Theo Wanne Gaia HR on soprano but has played a Pillinger, an Otto Link, a Lebayle Metal Studio and a Berg Larsen Ebonite.

He obviously now suffers from GAS, and may soon order a PPT!

I think he probably does try lots of different things, but currently it's a Pillinger .150 and .160, at least that was as of yesterday. Ed was very pleased as Jan told him he was playing them, but Ed hadn't given them to him as an endorsement deal so presumably he had bought them.

Hi Pete!

I apologise, in that case.
Kind regards
Tom:blush:

What tip-opening would you recommend to someone who plays .076 on alto and 7* on PPT tenor?

What tip-opening would you recommend to someone who plays .076 on alto and 7* on PPT tenor?

I always hesitate to recommend tip openings, partly because I don't understand why it is that on tenor I like a 9*, but on Soprano a 5. having said that I use a very different embouchure on soprano, I take a lot of mouthpiece in whereas on tenor I play right close to the tip most of the time.

My gut feeling is to recommend the 5.

Got sop back from a service today so I was able to try new PPT7. Yup, it's a tad ballsier than the 6 and very pleasant sounding. I may well use this quite a lot.

New balls, please............................................:shocked::w00t:;}

Do post a brief review if/when you are able, Nick.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I've been playing the soprano PPT6 for a week now - sorry, I'm no good at this review thing because I don't understand half the terms that others who write reviews use, but even with my limited soprano skills this lovely little piece of cream onyxite does exactly what it says on the tin - I quote Pete's own words "Above all I wanted to get a smooth, sweet but powerful tone, without any of the nasal "ducky" sound so often associated with the soprano saxophone".

I really don't think I can add anything meaningful to that. Very pleased that I bought it, and it has added enormously to the pleasure of playing my BW soprano.

Back
Top Bottom