support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Potential saxophonist??

This gets worse. I am also a veggie, so don't eat chicken, so no cheeps either.

Some people are plain hard to please!

How about:
“Saxes made from recycled bamboo, decorated with tasteful pictures of non-endangered songbirds.”

Some people are plain hard to please!

How about:
“Saxes made from recycled bamboo, decorated with tasteful pictures of non-endangered songbirds.”
I so badly want to tell you I am allergic to feathers too, but it just isn't true. Did you know you can buy toothbrushes made out of bamboo now, and knitting wool for making socks?

Did you know you can buy toothbrushes made out of bamboo now

I imagine that they are very popular with pandas.

But a panda might find my cast-off bamboo socks less appetising.

I imagine that they are very popular with pandas.

But a panda might find my cast-off bamboo socks less appetising.
They're wild animals, but even pandas have their limits.

Ok, here's an update: I have bought a Gear4Music basic level alto sax in black and gold (compromise with husband as he wanted the green and gold one - Norwich City fan) with a Yamaha C4 mouthpiece and a Rovner ligature, along with a box of Rico 2.0 reeds (which we worked out on Sat worked best right now). I was very proud of myself in the shop because I could remember how to hold it, how to blow it and how to do the fingering for 8 notes! I have also got a harness rather than a neck strap due to a long-standing neck injury. Lessons start on Monday.

So, all we need now is a name for the beast - any thoughts?

Excellent. Have fun.

Make sure that you get your teacher to check the sax thoroughly on Monday. As well as general playability (are there any leaks) he/she should look for any serious manufacturing flaws (bent posts or rods, keyguards loose, bad soldering).

And with any new sax, even an expensive one, it is worth getting it set up properly by a technician.
The difference between a poor setup and a good setup is surprisingly noticeable.
My teacher told me the other day how he had become increasingly dissatisfied with his tenor sax playing, despite increasing his practice time on tenor (he mostly plays alto and bari). But then he got the saxophone serviced, and suddenly he could play well after all!.

Excellent. Have fun.

Make sure that you get your teacher to check the sax thoroughly on Monday. As well as general playability (are there any leaks) he/she should look for any serious manufacturing flaws (bent posts or rods, keyguards loose, bad soldering).

And with any new sax, even an expensive one, it is worth getting it set up properly by a technician.
The difference between a poor setup and a good setup is surprisingly noticeable.
My teacher told me the other day how he had become increasingly dissatisfied with his tenor sax playing, despite increasing his practice time on tenor (he mostly plays alto and bari). But then he got the saxophone serviced, and suddenly he could play well after all!.
Will do!

Back
Top Bottom