support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Possible relationship?

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
Is there any relationship between the brightness of saxophone and accessories sound and the CERN discovery that neutrinos apparently travel faster than light.

Recent research has revealed a receptor in the eye that is sensitive to morning light and keeps the various human clocks synchronised. Could receptors exist unrecognised in the ear that are affected by the slightly earlier reception of instrument generated neutrinos? If you have any doubts about the effect of sound arrival, attend a pipe organ concert at a cathedral.

You may be on to something there, OG! I wonder what the effect of cryogenic treatment on superluminal neutrinos might be. Reducing the temperature to close to absolute zero reduces the movement of ordinary, subluminal, particles. Of course, you have to be careful not to go too far, because as you reduce the momentum towards zero, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle says that the uncertainty in the position approaches infinity and Bang! You've got an Infinite Improbability Drive, and your expensive saxophone could vanish, to appear anywhere in the universe.

If the momentum of neutrinos is negative, it might result in zero momentum being achieved at higher temperatures, making matters worse. If, on the other hand, it's imaginary, or even complex, the neutrinos could anchor the saxophone in spacetime.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a "lonely hearts" ad. I'm slightly disappointed now.

Yes I thought OG had started a lonely hearts thread too. Just opened it out of curiosity of course, perfectly settled in relationship terms.

Quite likely if CERNs work is right. Only problem is that not only could you not hear the extra brightness but you wouldn't see it either. Perhaps we should work on a receiver that converts neutrino frequency down to audio frequency. Direct conversion is probably not a runner so it might require several intermediate frequencies. First IF would need to be very high so probably need a Rubidium controlled oscillator for accuracy. Prototype might be a bit large to carry into an auditorium and the cost might be prohibitive but it would all reduce in time.

I see someone has written a song about it already:
Like a streak of lightning flashing 'cross the sky..
Like a mighty Cannonball it seems to fly..

Actually on closer reading it's not about neutrinos coming out of a particular make of sax, it's Champion the Wonder Horse. Sorry. My research probably as erroneous as CERNs.
YC

You may be on to something there, OG! I wonder what the effect of cryogenic treatment on superluminal neutrinos might be. Reducing the temperature to close to absolute zero reduces the movement of ordinary, subluminal, particles. Of course, you have to be careful not to go too far, because as you reduce the momentum towards zero, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle says that the uncertainty in the position approaches infinity and Bang! You've got an Infinite Improbability Drive, and your expensive saxophone could vanish, to appear anywhere in the universe.

If the momentum of neutrinos is negative, it might result in zero momentum being achieved at higher temperatures, making matters worse. If, on the other hand, it's imaginary, or even complex, the neutrinos could anchor the saxophone in spacetime.

Of course, EE 'Doc' Smith proposed intertialess superluminal velocity travel the 1930s.... :lb:

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be a "lonely hearts" ad. I'm slightly disappointed now.

Me too! Thought there was going to be some love in the Cafe

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Nelson to Hardy, 1815.

Me too! Thought there was going to be some love in the Cafe

There's always love in the cafe! Having said that I too thought it was going to be a lonely hearts ad for sax addicts :)))

Happy blowing,

DB Blue :cool:

OG might (possibly) be onto something here. But I don't think the relationship is to be found in the speed of neutrinos. Rather in quantum physics and multiple dimensions. (Multiple dimensions are defined as multiple bodies sharing the same space while unaware of each other existence. Much like the missus and me at bedtime.)

A photon may exist in multiple dimensions simultaneously (a feat achieved at MIT (I believe) while trying to duplicate the 'Scotty, 2 to beam' feature in Starship Enterprise), and be perceived differently in each and every one. Much like the dimension containing a sax player might be perceived different in the dimension containing the listener. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that "the speed of sax is breaking the speed of dimensions". This, de facto, includes all sax related GAS.

There must be, Nelson died in 1805

Took you long enough and Hardy's name was not Horatio.

Sometimes I wonder if it is all worth it and I always get the same response, "No".

Back
Top Bottom