support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Playing again

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
Durham
I've just this week started playing again after a lay off since May due to a shoulder injury. I've been too idle to keep my lip in and I'm paying the price! Hopefully it wont be long to get it back in, tone has suffered a bit too. Anyway it's good to be playing again and so far shoulder is okay.:welldone

Getting Lippy ...

Wot He Said Sue - *Big Wave* ;}

sue, I've recently started after 20yrs off!

my teacher got meto be buy a classical studies book I thought I vaguely recognisd.......had a look in my mum's attic and lo&behold it's the same bleeding book I had when I was 15!!
now that's depressing.

Thanks guys. Bless you Rob - I doubt I'd find anything like that in my mum's attic - she's a chucker outer. Hope you're enjoying playing again. Unfortunately I knew I had to have a break as I had an arthroscopy on a torn tendon in my rotator cuff. I promised myself that I would do all sorts of mouth exercises to keep my lip strong but summer and bone idleness got in the way! To be honest I think the break did me some good. Good luck :)

Hope it goes well Sue. Rotator cuff is no fun, a friend's got it in both shoulders. NHS delays/indifference/unwillingness to treat meant little chance of effective treatment. Looks like you're a little luckier.

Hi Sue!

Are you going to get one of those Warburton lip exerciser things to strengthen you embouchure....?:w00t:

Good to hear that you are back in harness, as it were, and hope that you have a pain free return to advanced noisemaking. A trumpet makes a nice change from the weight of a sax, so sitting down, playing with my feet up is great fun - couch potato jazz!;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Good on you Sue. I'm glad to see your back on course.
I've recently been allowed to go back to work after similar problems, only mine was caused by a wheelie cage falling off the back of my lorry and onto me! Doh! I had to have two opps to sort it and got so depressed about not being allowed to play the sax I just upped the painkillers and played it anyway (bl@@dy stupid really)
Still, I'm glad to hear that your sorted now.

@ Tom - I googled the Warburton thing expecting to see bread and then wanting some toast! No I think I'll keep my pennies :)

@ Taz - I fee a bit of a wimp compared to what you've been through (and Jimu for that matter).

Getting back into it quite nicely now Had a really lazy day today so thought I'd clear my reeds drawer. I appeared to have accumulated rather a lot (bit like shoes, handbags that kind of thing). Anyway I tried out 37 and only chucked 9 so I've put a ban on myself purchasing any more. Varied selection of Jazz Select, Van Doren ZZ & Alexanders.

Thanks again for kind wishes.
Sue

@ Tom - I googled the Warburton thing expecting to see bread and then wanting some toast! No I think I'll keep my pennies :)

@ Taz - I fee a bit of a wimp compared to what you've been through (and Jimu for that matter).

Getting back into it quite nicely now Had a really lazy day today so thought I'd clear my reeds drawer. I appeared to have accumulated rather a lot (bit like shoes, handbags that kind of thing). Anyway I tried out 37 and only chucked 9 so I've put a ban on myself purchasing any more. Varied selection of Jazz Select, Van Doren ZZ & Alexanders.

Thanks again for kind wishes.
Sue

Wow your reed drawer is starting to sound like my "man drawer" :)))

You keep men in a draw??????

Nooooo. Its one of the drawers so well described by a british comic, where every bloke keeps things like dead batteries, keys to ....oh yeah you forgot, and any other junk that is so useless it just has to be worth keeping. ( just thought I would mention this for our overseas visitors and anyone else who hasn't heard of Michael Mcintyre) :))). Now Taz, do you have a man drawer!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of Michael Mcintyre but who is ANGYG?

Nurse! Nurse, I think early stage Alzheimer's has arrived. Please tuck me up in bed.

I've heard of Michael Mcintyre but who is ANGYG?

Nurse! Nurse, I think early stage Alzheimer's has arrived. Please tuck me up in bed.

Kenny's brother :)))

But if you can still remember what a nurse is for, perhaps there's hope yet ;}

Nurse - an enema and catheter for OG, before he wakes up.....

I thought it was a drawer where they kept ex-husbands...
... then I realised ANDYG must be a bloke, so started to worry instead
:))):)))

:))) no, nothing to worry about.
It's perhaps better described as a draw with man things in only. Nothing worse than having to fight your way through ladies undies etc. when all you really want is a screwdriver!! :)))
Somehow, this has gone off the topic of the post, apologies.

I wish my darling husband just kept all his crap (useless man stuff) in one drawer rather than an entire shed! Better than my dad though who has two sheds dedicated to his stuff. Why do men have to keep things 'just in case' - do some women do that too? The reed drawer is still nice and tidy :) (smug grin)

For anyone still confused!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom