support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner pink panther

allansto

Locality
Frankston Victoria Australia
2 posts in 2 days
I must be back into learning again.

My questions is of the pink panther theme.

downloaded from wikiphonia
the section is the 14th bar where the music goes from a natural C down to B ,4 times in the bar
and its sort of slurred down ,im not sure what its called.
1st whats it called???? and
2nd how do i do it???
Allansto

PS.Im having awesome fun mucking around with this tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. It is called a "grace note" that begins on the beat rather than just before it.

2. In this instance, play C using the first finger of the LH with the middle side key added.

- Remove the side key quickly on the beat to create the grace note effect.

- Think "Dee Ah - Dee Ah - Dee Ah - Dee Ah" as you articulate those four embellished notes.

2 posts in 2 days
I must be back into learning again.

My questions is of the pink panther theme.

downloaded from wikiphonia
the section is the 14th bar where the music goes from a natural C down to B ,4 times in the bar
and its sort of slurred down ,im not sure what its called.
1st whats it called???? and
2nd how do i do it???
Allansto

PS.Im having awesome fun mucking around with this tune.

I'm on this one as well as part of my lesson. Mine must be in a different key because its B flat to A for me. Good fun tune though :)

I found that listening to it on youtube helped get the timing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys
Ive just been playing around with the pink panther theme again.
Tenor sax.
Can any body give me some tips on getting the 14th bar from c to b blended and smoothed.???
Regards
Allansto

I use the side C key, and kind of scoop up to the C note. That is, I've fingered B and the side C key, then I drop my jaw and lift the back of my tongue before tonguing the note to make the C a bit flat, then tongue it and revert to normal embouchure to quickly get it in tune. Then, before releasing the side C, I drop my jaw a bit again to blend smoothly into B.

Jirintaha
Holy smoke seems like a whole lot of stuff to think about and do in a split second.
But I will try to get my head around it and have a go
Thanks
Allansto

To get the slide you can't flip flop B to C that's why the side key is used. Perhaps practicing bending C down to B will help.

With practice it just happens without thinking about it.