support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Peter King and other interests..

I've written a couple of books.. ;)
I also do a lot of photography outside of the workshop, I'm a pretty decent cook and a modestly-experienced forager (mushrooms etc.). Used to be a fairly decent car mechanic (rebuilt a Series III SWB Landy from the ground up, a very long time ago now) but I'm getting to old to crawl around underneath cars.
And I have a decent lathe - which is a hobby in itself.

Good man Stephen...books ? You don't say...;)
I've seen you culinary enthusiasm portrayed on Twitter..." cast iron " cookery is it ?
Certainly looks delicious I must say...
Have a good weekend man..

Good man Stephen...books ? You don't say...;)
I've seen you culinary enthusiasm portrayed on Twitter..." cast iron " cookery is it ?
Certainly looks delicious I must say...

Oh yeah, my new cast iron pan. Bloody marvellous thing!
Got short ribs going into it later.

I found a large cast iron frying pan in a skip about 20 years ago, we think of it as the ur-pan, amazing and completely indestructible.

I seem to have become completely saxocentric over the last 6 months but before that I used to like taking photographs and messing about with Photoshop and the like. I expect when I go back to it I'll have to relearn the wretched programmes. I'm never sure about travel being a hobby or pastime but we used to do a fair bit of that exploring Europe, mainly Italy where we've been to every province. I've booked to go to Venice at Christmas but I'll be amazed if we get there. My partner organises culture tours on the back of some of them, that's gone now, one cancelled, one postponed waiting to be cancelled later.

Recent Summers have me pretty much tied up with helping to run and, more recently, returning to playing for my local Cricket Club. Although the Season as been badly affected with COVID not allowing any play until mid June, it's been a hectic Summer, sorting out last minute Fixtures and raising money for new facilities.

Now the Season is almost over, I might get a bit more Sax playing!

Baking bread has been a long term hobby, but I haven't spent much time on this recently. My other longish term hobby is All Grain Beer brewing, but the problem with brewing delicious beer is that my Stomach seems to have an allergic reaction to it and gets bigger over time...

You seem to have a certain bond with Italy and Venice in particular Jimmy : the avatar shots of the pontoons for example...
I've been all over Europe but strangely not Italy...Im keen to go and when all this dies down im sure i will . Covid is doing me a backhand favour in that I need a new horn ; a couple of mpcs and a few accessories. Any money coming in will pay for that lot right now...

Bread and beer Halfers...what more does a man need !!
The allergy doesn't sound good...maybe you should abide by your name and drink only Halfers ?

Bread and beer Halfers...what more does a man need !!
The allergy doesn't sound good...maybe you should abide by your name and drink only Halfers ?

Nah, Halfers is never enoughers..

Photography became quite a pursuit for me too about 10 -15 years ago. The problem was that I realised that my interests and expectations were the same as in music - liked all sorts of photography from studio product photography and portraiture to sports photography to animal and nature to landscape photography. The range of gear and knowledge was too vast, especially as I had so few hours accrued under my belt compared to blowing air through pipes.
My expectations of good photos were just as high as my musical expectations - and not achievable at a high enough or consistent rate. So I gave it up to protect my sanity. I got a few albums of photos printed and looking through them with some distance from it all I think I took some good pictures. I’m happy with that. Music taking a lot of my time again..

Nice one Pete : I've only ever dabbled in photography but one could wait a lifetime for that elusive shot . I think photography to an extent is one of those things you cannot be taught a little like music. Sure at sometime we have to learn the " mathematics " of it but I believe you either have the eye or not.
Great book...." Time " magazine a pictorial history..brilliant.
Hope your having a good weekend man..

Nice one Pete : I've only ever dabbled in photography but one could wait a lifetime for that elusive shot . I think photography to an extent is one of those things you cannot be taught a little like music. Sure at sometime we have to learn the " mathematics " of it but I believe you either have the eye or not.
Great book...." Time " magazine a pictorial history..brilliant.
Hope your having a good weekend man..
Yes cheers. I always thought that there is one major difference between playing and photography - it's entirely possible for a novice to take a remarkable picture. Never gonna get a novice playing a remarkable solo...

Back
Top Bottom