support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Open Mic ??

Chris Jones

Locality
Lichfield, Staffordshire.
Hi All,

I have my first open mic session this evening, three pieces to play. The venue is small lounge style. My partner has asked me to play, The Rose, Can’t help falling in love and finish with Wind beneath my wings. All very easy ballads, as the nerves will be on top probably a good thing. However Im thinking of dropping an up beat one on the end, Some Swing. Or do I stick with held back ballads. ??? your thoughts.
:headscratch:

Hi All,

I have my first open mic session this evening, three pieces to play. The venue is small lounge style. My partner has asked me to play, The Rose, Can’t help falling in love and finish with Wind beneath my wings. All very easy ballads, as the nerves will be on top probably a good thing. However Im thinking of dropping an up beat one on the end, Some Swing. Or do I stick with held back ballads. ??? your thoughts.
:headscratch:

just enjoy it:) but I think an upbeat one in the middle would be better than the three ballads.. Where is it? may just pop along :)

Hi Martin,
The Spark. New cafe bar opposite witherspoons lichfield.

Agree with an upbeat in between :thumb:

Enjoy :D

Is this going to be a regular thing Chris? If it is, then maybe you'd like to add it to the Jam and Gig guide map (if it isn't already?)

As for what to play, judge the session when your there and have an upbeat number up your sleeve if you think it needs livening up a bit.
Good luck, and don't forget to let us all know how it goes.

Is this going to be a regular thing Chris? If it is, then maybe you'd like to add it to the Jam and Gig guide map (if it isn't already?)

As for what to play, judge the session when your there and have an upbeat number up your sleeve if you think it needs livening up a bit.

Taz, maybe you can add "Woodies" in Hednesford, corner of Market Street and Uxbridge Road. Jazz night on a Tuesday, open mic on a Thursday.

Martin

Hello All and thanks for the input.

The Session is the last Thursday of the month at “the Spark, 19 Tamworth Street, Lichfield WS13 6JP.” I will hopefully add this to the gig map before next month

It is a small and very intimate venue to say the least. Was a little apprehensive on my arrival at 7.15pm, all guitars and very friendly with each other. The sax man stuck out like a preacher at a swingers club. Got my spot for 8.55pm. Walked over to the Acorn opposite for a little R&R and Dutch courage. Returned at 8.10pm. The place was loaded to the roof; standing room only, like a congregation of Emperor penguins.

All preceding and followed was very folk style. Until the man with the sax played two Ballads and a Reggae number. All went well and many compliments were received. Asked to play again next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant Chris, glad it went well. :welldone I'll try and get along one week.
I trust you're going again then. ;}

Brilliant Chris, glad it went well. :welldone I'll try and get along one week.
I trust you're going again then. ;}

"Ho Yes" It has to be done. There is one coming up at the Greyhound @ lich so may have to make a show there?