• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophones Olds Parisian and Parisian Ambassador

It's pretty nice looking. I think the pearls are just the smokey-colored ones...sometimes you see that color on early Beaugniers, too (the few actually marked "Beaugnier").

I mean, Boistes are nice horns, quite respectable, beautiful tone, and the intonation and mechanics on the one I did were good. I would NOT call them any sort of grail-level 'sleeper', however.

I think I sold the Tenor for $1g, and that was to a vintage sax nut who really likes old, obscure horns. He still has it and plays it.

BUt it isn't gonna be like finding anything exemplary or unique...just another solid, well-made horn from a small outfit. They are darker and wider than Pierrets, interestingly for a French make they are actually more akin to a Conn or Keilwerth sorta tone, at least based upon this one Tenor I had.
So certainly a worthy brand to satiate a curiousity...you WILL end up with a quality vintage sax - but probably not a make to get into a bid war over.
 
Last edited:
the boiste 'artiste' is an excellent sax, i recommend it. almost certainly cheaper than it should be. not so convinced by the 'serie virtuouso' with the extraordinary guard like a pastry cutter... or something. mine was the DARKEST alto i've ever tried, absolutely wonderful design and build quality, but dodgy intonation. i thought. in fact though it had the weird guard mine wasn't even a 'virtuouso', it was not named. the 'artiste' is more like a saxophone. only ever had altos of these.
 
It's pretty nice looking. I think the pearls are just the smokey-colored ones...sometimes you see that color on early Beaugniers, too (the few actually marked "Beaugnier").

I mean, Boistes are nice horns, quite respectable, beautiful tone, and the intonation and mechanics on the one I did were good. I would NOT call them any sort of grail-level 'sleeper', however.

I think I sold the Tenor for $1g, and that was to a vintage sax nut who really likes old, obscure horns. He still has it and plays it.

BUt it isn't gonna be like finding anything exemplary or unique...just another solid, well-made horn from a small outfit. They are darker and wider than Pierrets, interestingly for a French make they are actually more akin to a Conn or Keilwerth sorta tone, at least based upon this one Tenor I had.
So certainly a worthy brand to satiate a curiousity...you WILL end up with a quality vintage sax - but probably not a make to get into a bid war over.
I was just looking at eBay and not surprisingly this horn is still for sale as are many that's have been on there for months. The Covid pandemic is not a seller's market for sure. My guess is that anyone wanting this sax might likely get it by offering the seller an even 300 euros plus shipping for it if he wants to move it because it is not going anywhere fast and a bird in the hand etc. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
577,010
Members
8,094
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom