support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Oh no, GAS has hit

Nahhh, that`s not Gas - it`s a sensible addition to the Zephyr , a different sounding horn to widen the palet :) (I`ve got a Yamaha and a Conn in Altos for the same reason) ...

It`a when you`ve got to own every alto model Martin made or even worse , every decade of MkVI and you end up with a house full of dusty old saxes and STILL end up playing the same one most of the time - LOL . GAS hit be bad with squeezeboxes 2 years ago (down to only 2 now) but thankfully never did with horns, probably because I started in the cash starved 80s .

It`a when you`ve got to own every alto model Martin made or even worse , every decade of MkVI and you end up with a house full of dusty old saxes and STILL end up playing the same one most of the time
I didn't see you on tonight's House Hoarders programme..

...next week?

Now for the mouthpieces. And while you're at it, lig, reeds and a saxholder....

Seriously, enjoy, I bet you'll love it.

I have a few mouthpieces non of which I'm perfectly happy with on the zephyr.
Selmer C (not even C* ergh I think not)
Selmer metal jazz C**
Jody Jazz classic 5 (with/without spoiler)
Runyon custom 7 (jody jazz spoiler also fits)

It will be interesting to see what the Yani thinks to them, shame it doesn't have the stock mouthpiece as I quite liked the stock piece with the B901

Thanks Ads thats what I was telling myself. It is a sensible addition to the Zephyr especially as I'm struggling with intonation on the zephyr, It's going to go away soon to get a strip down and tune up, give it a polish as the bell is bright and shiny but the body is tarnished. The engraving is still in very good condition so it hasn't been over polished in its life

GAS? you have not got true GAS but a mere hiccup or a baby-step my friend, ;) i KNOW what GAS is as i have recently won the olympic gold medal in it! (my list of things acquired through GAS just in the last week alone is crazy, let alone the last year, ouch! ;))
BUT, no matter what anyone says, GAS is gooooooooood, so much fun! :D

all being serious now, i really hope you enjoy the new sax(es) and welcome here!

It has arrived, my new Yani a901 next to my old 1941 King Zephyr.
Just had a quick practice of Lonely street by Sammy Nestico as I'm going to be playing it on Sunday with my local community Jazz band, the Yani plays lovely with spot on intonation just like it should have.

I have just got a zephyr and had it overhauled and would probably get a yani if I was to go modern :) your zephyr looks in great condition my one is from 1937 and I love it already after 2 days :)

I have just got a zephyr and had it overhauled and would probably get a yani if I was to go modern :) your zephyr looks in great condition my one is from 1937 and I love it already after 2 days :)

I really love my zephyr and think it looks in decent condition, all the pads are good unsure if all are seated 100%, got a feeling it needs some springs replacing and keys adjusting as I'm struggling for intonation with every mouthpiece I have tried, whereas the Yani straight away played in tune from bottom to top. I do really love the light action of the zephyr and the nice touches like the nicely shaped arm on low C.

Edit: have you got any pictures of your zephyr Andy?

Back
Top Bottom