support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz Night Train - Diana Krall

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Locality
Just north of Munich
Nearly as good as Pete's version:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard her playing in that style before. Good stuff - a touch of Gene Harris maybe ?

Thanks

Rhys

She is my musical sweetheart. A spectacular vocal stylist and great piano chops to boot. They are so proud of her in the small town of Nanimo on Vancouver Island Canada where she grew up that the townsfolk who greet the cruise ships point out that she was born there right after saying "welcome to Nanimo". :)

Definitely a member of the Diana Krall fan club here ...

Can't resist - one of my favourites:

There's life in those old standards yet ;}

Will you all please stop putting these new (to me) artists up, i'm finding it difficult to listen to them all, not enough hours in the day :shrug:

2 more fans here: my best half and myself. We already have seats for her tour stop here in Switzerland in November.
Never heard her play that tune before. The tribute to the great OP is so obvious here.
Her blues playing is so funky and crunchy, someone mentioned Gene Harris, she is amazing.
Thanks for that link.

She's amy zing, I thought she was German for a long time as she's very popular in Germany and often featured on German TV Jazz programs.
Fave Album has to be "Live in Paris", there's tracks on there that are just too beautiful for words - my fave track: her rendition of Billy Joel's "Just the way you are" with Mike Brecker doing a couple of really beautiful melodic solos. And what a lovely lady she is.
gruss - spike