PPT mouthpieces

New to the Sax...

dansymons

Locality
Exeter, Devon. UK
Hey everyone!

I'm starting to learn the Saxophone and came across this site & forum several times while I was researching!

I just thought i'd say hello to everyone here......

I've always liked the Sax but after seeing a Blues Brothers show whilst on holiday in Florida I decided that I wanted to learn to play like that. I will post the link shortly!

I already play Guitar and (a little) Piano!

Look forward to sharing my progress on this forum!
Dan

Welcome from another devonian. Hope you enjoy the journey in the land of sax.

Hello and welcome :)

And welcome from the opposite end of this wonderful isle!

Enjoy!

Welcome and enjoy, from the opposite side of this wonderful world.

"Blue" Lou Marini. One of my heroes too! Welcome to the cafe.

Welcome to the forum. I must ask though why a little piano? Why not play a full size one?

Welcome - with the musical background you already have, then progress is likely to be much swifter than mine!

Lots of helpful fun here. Enjoy

Mel

Welcome Dan,

To the wonderful of saxual activity. Before you know it you'll have 10 saxophones and 35 mouthpieces...

Welcome to the forum. I must ask though why a little piano? Why not play a full size one?

Maybe it's a baby grand...or an African thumb piano (Kalimba)...:)))

Greg S.
From the Other Land Downunder...

Welcome to the caff©, Dan.

You've got one of the best techs, Griff, near you, that's when he is in port. Brilliant servicing and set up.

ENJOY!​™

Hi Dan!

A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Blues Brothers Tribute Band down by yer in South Wales, mind! We all look
forward to your next sentence.......:shocked::w00t:;}

Welcome to the caffé forume, Dan.

Wow, thanks for all the replies! It's great to find a place where like-minded people are so welcoming!

Hahaha.... it's a full sized electric piano (Clavinova). What I meant by little was not very much, not very well!

Welcome. I'm also a guitarist / bassist and a bit of a pianist / accordionist, and I've begun with the sax and clarinet a few months ago, so it'll be interesting to hear how you feel the change from the strings to the woodwinds.

Personally I've found it very intriguing, since with the guitar and keyboards, everything is in the fingers. With the sax it feels like the mouth, tongue and diaphragm are the in the spotlight, and the fingers just help a little bit where needed.

Back
Top Bottom