support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New to the forum but old in the game

gregerhillman

Locality
Sweden
Hi guys!

I just signed up and thought I'd drop you a couple of lines.
Already I found a few threads that interest me so I'm pretty sure I've come to the right place!

Anyway, I'm Greger, working musician and teacher based in Sweden. However I do travel a lot for work.
I've been playing for 25+ years and has been making a living from music for the past 12 years.

You find me in the studio, practicing, recording or totally into something "new" as the tech nerd in me takes over.
Man, don't you just love learning new stuff!!!

......Oh, and I'm also a sucker for smooth jazz!

Well, short,short,short version will have to do here.
I see you around in the forum!
Best,
Greger

Welcome to the forum Greger.
We are always ready to express our nerdness over here. Just don't be offended for some harsh comments about smooth jazz.
It is note everybody's piece of cake.

BTW, what cake would you compare smooth jazz to?

Haha, well thanks!
Don't worry, I'm used to it and that's fine.
I can play "All the things you are" as well but I just don't find it as much fun.
I'm a sucker for smooth;)

What cake?
Well, some kind of creamy cup cake that you have with flavoured coffe maybe.
The down side with that is that it's bad for you in too big dozes, but I guess I forgot to do that research;)

BTW, what cake would you compare smooth jazz to?

DOH one of my special alcoholic cheesecakes of course!!

Welcome to the forum Gregor, I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you interested, smiling, musing, and frustrating over your coffee here.

Mel

Thanks #MellowD, I'm not getting anything else done;)
Is that good or bad, haha?

Thanks #Kevgermany I'm settling in nicely;)

Hi Greg. Welcome to the forum. Many years ago when aeroplanes had propellers I met a young Swedish lady in Majorca at the Mercedes Benz Widows Friday night dance.

Our little group used to go sailing and eventually I was invited to visit her in Sweden.

On arrival I went to the pre-arranged rendezvous and was amazed when a Swedish police car pulled up in front of me and out jumped the lady from Majorca fully armed and wearing what looked like combat gear.

You can imagine my surprise as one often meets people in the sailing fraternity but very rarely do they disclose their livelihoods. Particularly in Spain.(nudge,nudge, wink, wink.)

My initial response was this is a joke and fully expected to be arrested transported to the local lock up were no doubt a Smorgasbord and Cristal champagne reception awaited me.

Sadly not the lady had kindly taken it upon herself to taxi me to my hotel utilising the facility provided by her employer. (Not even a wailing siren.)

Once deposited in my hotel and due to the fact the young lady mysteriously started `Night Patrol.` the very next evening. I never saw her again.

I did however spend a pleasant 3 days in Malmo wondering what had caused her to switch shifts. Perhaps the rather daring drainpipe trousers, and plum coloured velvet collar three quarter length drape jacket with my Jack Nicholson shades, contributed to same, as in those days Sweden was quite conservative in their dress code. Regards D.A. ruffled N.

Hej på dig och välkommen!

Not too many folks from the cold & miserable North here. :)

You must be really good at what you do, as there ain't a lot of people that could make a living with music here in Finland, and I suppose it's not much different in Sweden either.

Hope you like it here, I sure do!

Cheers,
Jori

Hej Jori!

Well, we just have to make more noise then to be heard;)

I've been very fortunate to have been able to do touring in the states on and off for the past 4 years and that has helpt a lot!
Combining gigs and tours with teaching music has been working nicely for me.

Yeap, I like it too!

best,
Greger

Hello Greger,
Sweden to me is Orrefors glass, Kurt Wallander and Esbjorn Svensson. Hope you'll be able to expand my knowledge of your
country.
Welcome.

Welcome to the caff©, Greger.

Good to know that you are eating regularly but please no Viking raids. BTW just realised that you lot invented the best vintage saxophone. Well Vl are the first two letters of your group.:thumb:

ENJOY!​™

Hello Greger,
Sweden to me is Orrefors glass, Kurt Wallander and Esbjorn Svensson. Hope you'll be able to expand my knowledge of your
country.
Welcome.

Swedish Winter Rally, Lakes, forests, Elk, Bears, Wolverines, Wolves, Primus stoves, Volvo, Saab, Erik 'on the roof' Carlsson...

I visited Malmö last year to talk to some Sony Ericsson people. It is there that I learned of fika :)

I forgot to add my welcome to the forum. It's where I go when playing the saxophone would wake up the wife, children or cats.

Back
Top Bottom