support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New to Sax

Pegwill

Hi all
I've always wanted to play the alto saxophone and have now just got around to buying one, although it hasn't arrived yet. Seems there is so much to learn and so little time. I look forward to meeting you all as time goes on.

Regards
Bill

Hi all

Seems there is so much to learn and so little time.

Regards
Bill

Hello Bill from NZ & welcome to the forum, yes we all have so little time, just ignore it and have fun learning, it never ends, enjoy the ride!

Cheers & Happy New Year!
Jimu:mrcool

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning and welcome William. We are very formal around here.
You've bought a member of the finest instrument family in the World, pipe organs excepted. Enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Hi Bill and welcome along. Dont be afraid to ask questions along the way!

regards
woody

Hi Bill, it's a great journey that never ends. Welcome to the cafe, all the answers are here (somewhere, many of them conflicting!)

Phil

Welcome to the Caff. Great bunch of people here. Hope you enjoy it. Phil :w00t:

Hi Bill, welcome. Yes, it's addictive, there are lots of us and there sems to be no cure.
Perhaps next time Mr Thomas thinks about renaming the forum he could consider Saxophonists Anonymous.
Colin

Welcome to the Cafe Bill ~ how exciting to wait for delivery of a new saxophone :) Let us know when it arrives? Happy New Year, too.

Hello Bill, and a warm welcome to the cafe. Have fun with the alto.

Jim.

Hi Guys

Many thanks for all your best wishes and encouragement. May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year.

Regards

Bill

Hi Guys

Many thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement. May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year.

Regards

Bill

Happy New Year and welcome to the bestest forum Bill!
By the way, where are you from?

Andrea.

Hi Bill, welcome to the cafe, still waiting for the arrival? I bet your postman thinks your a little strange, peering through the curtains every time he approaches, seeing you lurking behind the front door, waiting to pounce! :))) There's no cure mate, its a downward spiral from now on. When it does arrive, it'll be worse, every time you go out, you'll wish you were back at home, stroking it, touching it, cleaning it, dare I say it....playing it :)))
Enjoy it, you'll wish you took it up years ago.

Hi Bill, welcome to the cafe, still waiting for the arrival? <snip>
Enjoy it, you'll wish you took it up years ago.

Yes I think we all wish that (or nearly all) .... same as most of us wish we'd had the time/discipline to practise more/better!!

Welcome, Bill :)

Morning Bill.

Like you I am a complete novice who has just bought his first sax (a tenor). Am now looking for a teacher in my local area. Cant wait to get started.

Back
Top Bottom