support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New member - oops, sorry - hi from rainy Malaga!

Hi Keith!

A warm welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section, down by yer in Wales, mind!
0n the subject of speeding up learning on alto sax most players would recommend playing "long notes" - i.e holding a note for 5/10 seconds, taking a good breath beforehand and slowly releasing the air and holding a sustained note. You are looking to produce a consistent, and consistently good sounding note.

One of the warm up exercises I use is to start at C2 - going up by a note then down by a note and continue to C3 (i.e as follows C B C# Bb D A Eb Ab E G F F# F# F G E G# Eb etc. - so that you are playing chromatic scales alternatively up then down - C1 is the lowest C (usually called middle C on piano) and C3 is the highest C.).

The other thing to emphasise is just to concentrate on certain scales, and play freely just using the notes in any scale, and varying the order. Lastly it is a good idea to have a sense of what stuff you would like to play/learn to play, so that you can choose a longer term aim/project.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Tom

Hi Keith,

welcome to this friendly and truly informative place.

Frank.

Welcome to the Sax Mad house Kieth enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom