• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Classical New Century Saxophone Quartet - O Northern Star

I loved that and am now eagerly searching the net for more of their performances. Thanks jbt, don't you think a saxophone quartet is just so versatile? When you get four great players anything is possible. 🙂
 
I don't think there is a better classical soprano saxophonist alive than Michael Stephenson. His tone, range, and control are breathtaking. Chris Hemingway, the alto player is also a great jazz player as well.

I had the good fortune to attend a saxophone master class given by the New Century Quartet at a local university. Besides their playing skills, I was struck by their intense passion for the music they perform. I have several of their CD's. My favorite is Main Street which contains selections from Porgy and Bess, and West Side Story.
 
I don't think there is a better classical soprano saxophonist alive than Michael Stephenson. His tone, range, and control are breathtaking. Chris Hemingway, the alto player is also a great jazz player as well.

I had the good fortune to attend a saxophone master class given by the New Century Quartet at a local university. Besides their playing skills, I was struck by their intense passion for the music they perform. I have several of their CD's. My favorite is Main Street which contains selections from Porgy and Bess, and West Side Story.

Thanks for this recommendation - found them on iTunes and am now happily listening to Main Street 🙂
 
Very beautiful composition, and distinctively American - can't quite put my finger on why. Reminds me of Copland or Barber or something. Thanks JBT.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,043
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom