All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

New Better Worst This Week

Nick Cook

Locality
Wokingham, Berks, UK
New: I've taken up archery!!! Really enjoying it.

Better: Got my white and black FITA beginner awards.

Worse: It eats into my sax practice time!!

half diminished

Locality
Buckinghamshire
New: Just tracked down a Musical Fidelity Triple X-170 power supply for my MF gear at a reasonable price! Hoorah!

Better: Improvisation and my confidence. Following the KS workshop on Saturday, for once I'm not as rubbish as I thought - or so 'they' say. Still plenty of room for improvement though :w00t:

Worse: Going on holiday for 2 weeks from Friday and have what seems like 4 weeks effort to fit in in 4 days! Also concerned that my nob of a boss will nick some deals while I am away. :(

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
New: Getting to grips with "Guns of Navarone" on my button-free tenor. Also settled on mouthpiece -Rath S11 MN, which is brilliant!

Better: Improvisation coming along at a good pace, and developing mellower style of playing (where necessary!). Grade 3 pieces going well!:w00t:

Worse: Teacher less available in September, so may need back - up lessons.

All in all, very pleased!
Tom:cool:

Luluna

Café Supporter
Locality
Vermont, USA
Lori,
Just remember most of us are male and that means boys really, short attention and enthusiasm spans.

Has the snow gone?

OG.... I just might have to give you a hug and a kiss for that. And yes, the snow's just gone - in time for it to return by October :)

New: driving across Canada for the next 2 days....

Better: just home from Bermuda where the Rum Swizzles flow like a river

Best: going to play my tenor in a tribute concert to Professor Emeritus Gerald Mattern - trumpet bee bopper extraordinaire

Worst: summer's almost over

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
New: Shiny new Trevor James Rev II Tenor :D

Better: managing to play said Tenor for longer than 10 minutes without getting a backache ;}

Worse: After getting used to my free blowing Tenor, I cant get a sound out of my Alto on #2 reeds - have had to go back to #1.5s to get a sound out of it :shocked:

Luluna

Café Supporter
Locality
Vermont, USA
Oohhh ArtyLady - are you enjoying the shiny new tenor? ;)

New: School starts tomorrow for 1 of my 4 children...

Better: Concert Band rehearsal for the winter season starts on Thursday

Worst: Summer vacation is over?

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom