PPT mouthpieces

My saxophone is sounding like a car horn.

Well, I started playing the tenor saxophone a year and two months ago. Before that I have played the alto for about 7 years. My sound on the alto is allright. I've been practising really hard: long tones, overtone exercises, diaphragm breathing exercises, but nothing seems to help. I play a Buescher Aristocrat from 1943, but it's in good shape I think and I play an Otto Link 7 (metal). Can anyone help me :(?

ehhh... you could give us a sample of how it sounds. Sometimes (very often) is just in the head you know...

When you say, "it sounds like a car horn", are we taking about 1936 Bugatti, Toyota Prius or what?

Have tried different strength/make reeds? A softer reed perhaps?

tend to agree with the reeed suggestion, but I think it's more control of the reed. Was hoping one tof the experts would say somehting...

Sounds like the reed's a bit on the stiff side.

You're sure the sax isn't leaky?

Do you practise always in the same room?
In the recording it sounds like there are a lot of hard surfaces bouncing your sound around in an unflattering manner. Bad reverb as opposed to some nice room ambience.
Try playing in the wardrobe or against a thick curtain. You may prefer your sound?

I agree: reed to hard and leaks probably.

Do you practise always in the same room?
In the recording it sounds like there are a lot of hard surfaces bouncing your sound around in an unflattering manner. Bad reverb as opposed to some nice room ambience.
Try playing in the wardrobe or against a thick curtain. You may prefer your sound?

Ha Ha ha he ha ha ... ;}

Make sure you are wearing something suitable [black satin pyjamas may help] ... :)))