All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

My saxophone is sounding like a car horn.

Nicolas Knudde

Well, I started playing the tenor saxophone a year and two months ago. Before that I have played the alto for about 7 years. My sound on the alto is allright. I've been practising really hard: long tones, overtone exercises, diaphragm breathing exercises, but nothing seems to help. I play a Buescher Aristocrat from 1943, but it's in good shape I think and I play an Otto Link 7 (metal). Can anyone help me :(?

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
ehhh... you could give us a sample of how it sounds. Sometimes (very often) is just in the head you know...

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
When you say, "it sounds like a car horn", are we taking about 1936 Bugatti, Toyota Prius or what?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
tend to agree with the reeed suggestion, but I think it's more control of the reed. Was hoping one tof the experts would say somehting...

dubrosa22

Do you practise always in the same room?
In the recording it sounds like there are a lot of hard surfaces bouncing your sound around in an unflattering manner. Bad reverb as opposed to some nice room ambience.
Try playing in the wardrobe or against a thick curtain. You may prefer your sound?

Sunray

Do you practise always in the same room?
In the recording it sounds like there are a lot of hard surfaces bouncing your sound around in an unflattering manner. Bad reverb as opposed to some nice room ambience.
Try playing in the wardrobe or against a thick curtain. You may prefer your sound?
Ha Ha ha he ha ha ... ;}

Make sure you are wearing something suitable [black satin pyjamas may help] ... :)))

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom