support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones My new Vintage sax purchase

Just wanted to share with everyone my new Top Hat & Cane Tenor I just purchased today. After asking many questions about different saxes on this forum I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone's thoughts and opinions on all my questions pursuing a sax as a beginner.. I bought the sax from a sax repair man via Craigslist. Went to go see it, loved the sound and condition and purchased for $ 3300.00 US dollars EXPENSIVE YES, but the sound is awesome. Figured I couldn't lose on the deal should I sell down the road also. Also came with a Silver Selmer Metal F mouth piece that is in excellent condition.

Any thoughts or suggestions with this new sax ?? Should I get it looked at by a music store to see if it needs anything adjusted? or play as is?

Mouthpiece suggestions? New case suggestion? came with original case not in great condition.. Again, Many thanks, Frank

Best way to learn how to rock and roll on this sax? Can't read music!!!! Any other way to learn sax?

Congrats on your new sax. Those are exceptional instruments. If the repair tech you bought it from knows his stuff, it shouldn't need anything done to it, however sometimes things move a bit during shipping. You might find an experienced player to play it to see if everything is tight and in good adjustment.

Congrats on your new sax, it's such a thrill to have a sax you love.

If you are new to it a couple of lessons will set you on the right path and your tutor could give it a quick blow for you to check all is ok. :)

Jx

Sounds like a truly fine instrument, will bring you much pleasure.
A cruel truth is that whatever the horn and m/p, everything still depends on a sliver of plant material that starts to decompose from the first blow. You might get round this by buying synthetic, I wouldn't know! Reading isn't essential if you have a good ear. Listen to the greats and play along with them, there's a long list on Taming the Saxophone. Best of luck, rock on.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom