support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones New (vintage) Horn

Digger2054

The cats out of the bag, I finally purchased my first Tenor Sax.

I've had the itch for a Tenor, I longed for a NWII (simply to go alongside my NWII Alto) specifically Silver with Gold wash bell.

I'd been looking at a few, but kept getting drawn towards two down at Headwind Music.

By chance (genuinely) I was away with family visiting Chippenham & Castle Combe over the bank holiday, and Bristol is only 30mins away.

Encouraged by the wife, it would be daft not to book an appointment for a look & test play after driving all that way.

Hats off to Headwind. They were expecting me & all prepared for my arrival, they make a decent mug of coffee too. Both saxes made available to test play side by side, reed and mouthpiece provided as I didn't have anything for Tenor. A really nice, laid back atmosphere.

Very little cosmetically between the two horns, but it was immediately clear the sax that was fully overhauled 3 years ago was the one. Surprised how quickly I was finding myself around the horn.

Took it along to my last lesson, and got the seal of approval from my teacher, both in its appearance and play ability, he commented that I looked comfortable and at home on it, with the expectation that my Alto will be relegated in the near future.

PXL_20230531_175439972.jpg

The cats out of the bag, I finally purchased my first Tenor Sax.

By chance (genuinely) I was away with family visiting Chippenham & Castle Combe over the bank holiday, and Bristol is only 30mins away.
I too often visit my my great step uncles, sisters, daughters half brother and stumble on such shops :rofl::rofl:

but seriously,
Glad you found what you were looking for at Headwind it is a nice shop but no neglecting that alto now.