support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

My 1st concert

trimmy

One day i will...
Awhile ago i got in touch with a member from the cafe (stand up Rico Vandoren) aka Tony, who introduced me to the Maghull Wind Orchestra (MWO). http://www.maghullwindorchestra.co.uk/
I went to watch them perform twice, the second concert was at the Metropolitan Cathederal (paddy's wigwam) in Liverpool, which was the orchestra's biggest concert to date and convinced me to join. With MWO you don't have to sit an audition as long as you have a instrument they will happily accept you into the fold, with open arms.

Anyhows after i had done 6/7 weeks of rehearsals MWO had a concert at the Palm house in Sefton park, Liverpool on sunday 23rd Sept which i can proudly say i attended as a 2nd alto player :)

I almost missed my debut as i had severe manflu on the Fri/Sat (it must have been bad as i missed out on work (cabbie) on the both nights) but i was more gutted that i was going to miss my 1st concert as a player, but fortunetly for me i woke up on the sunday feeling better.
The concert was very daunting but very rewarding and yes i made mistakes and lost my way sight reading the peices but 7 weeks ago i could of only of dreamed about writing a post about me performing in a concert with a bunch of musicians.
So if anyone (jeanette) is thinking should i or shouldn't i, then my response will be YOU SHOULD and enjoy it as i have done in the last 2 months.
I would also like to say a big big thank you to Rico Vandoren (Tony) for starting me on my new journey into the sax :thumb:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...49158005.95476.375244669161483&type=1&theater

Well done Trimmy:welldone and thank you for the encouragement.

I am planning on going to listen to them for the second half of their session this week. I am hoping my tutor can change my lesson night so that I can attend on a regular basis.

Jx

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, well done. That is such an achievement. Not many people can say that they managed to get over manflu in only two days!
As for the gig, your a star. How were the nerves? I can't imagine what it must be like to play in such a controlled environment. I'm guessing that it must be an incredible experience. Good job

Thanks for all the comments peeps :D

Wow, well done. That is such an achievement. Not many people can say that they managed to get over manflu in only two days!
As for the gig, your a star. How were the nerves? I can't imagine what it must be like to play in such a controlled environment. I'm guessing that it must be an incredible experience. Good job
I can't believe i got over manflu so quickly myself cos i'm normally a wimp and milk it :))) maybe it's because i was fighting to be better for my debut ? I was very very nervous while setting up and to make matters worse i was on the end row :shocked: but once the concert started the concentration took over any anxiety i had. It was a great experience and one i'm looking forward to again on the 30th October Halloween concert :D

Congratulations, just don't practise whilst you're driving.

I promise no sax and driving :)))

Well done Trimmy:welldone and thank you for the encouragement.

I am planning on going to listen to them for the second half of their session this week. I am hoping my tutor can change my lesson night so that I can attend on a regular basis.

Jx

Sounds like fun - I'd love to join in too (not that far from my brother's) but too far for me.

The first one's by far the most difficult one, glad to hear it went fine. You've already taken the most difficult step, and it only gets easier (and more fun) from now on!

I've never played the sax in a concert, and I think I'm still quite a ways from there, but I've played the guitar and electric bass a lot of times. The first gig I played, I had to take more than just a little sip from my hip flask to calm my nerves. :)

Cheers,
Jori

I have my 2nd outing on the 30th Oct a halloween gig were the orchestra has to wear fancy dress, the music will be dark and scary :eek: (or at least my playing will be) lol
Its held where we practice each week, which will hold 60 guests and 10% will be my family who missed my debut at the palm house last time out, looking forward to it and practicing hard on the pieces.

Back
Top Bottom