support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Jazz Music for Night Owls

another thread here reminded me of this album by Claus Ogerman featuring tenorman Michael Brecker.
It's been getting some Night-Owl treatment here in the last few weeks... Brecker's playing is unsurpassed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2m7_06jbXo&list=OLAK5uy_l5XOoUyjVk0fC-DOuJ0tC92m_PbIlcPSo
"Brecker's playing is unsurpassed." - Isn't it just. Ogerman's writing is just wonderful. I wonder just how much Brecker had written for him - a very basic outline of melody I presume. The whole album astonishes me every time I listen.

Google Paul Daniels. :rolleyes:
No offense was taken, Colin. All is good.

I know who he is. Do you remember Spitting Image. A program where they created puppets of celebrities. They deliberately enlarged any physical features creating grotesque caricaturizations. If you remember the way Paul Daniels was ( annoying with bloated ego issues). Spitting image did a parody of his magic show. In true spitting image fashion, they were merciless.

Extracts from Wikipedia

Paul Daniel did not mind jokes about his toupée, but took offence to a sketch depicting him nuzzling his assistant Debbie McGee's bre$%$^.

There's a revamped version of Spitting Image on Britbox. You've got to ask why we need to pay extra if we already pay our TV licences. BBC is getting too big for its boots.

This (not related to Paul Daniel ) was priceless.

In one instance Sting was persuaded to sing a re-worded version of "Every Breath You Take", titled "Every Bomb You Make" (series 1, episode 12), to accompany a video showing the Spitting Image puppets of world leaders and political figures of the day, usually with the figure matching the altered lyrics

Every bomb you make
Every job you take
Every heart you break
Every Irish wake
I'll be watching you
Every wall you build
Every one you've killed
Every grave you've filled
all the blood you've spilled
I'll be watching you

The video ended with the grim reaper appearing in front of a sunset. This version was due to be resurrected by Sting at the Live 8 concert, and the parody lyrics were cleared with their writers Quentin Reynolds and James Glen, but plans were abandoned at the last minute.

Take care matey!

Hahaha, got 'Every bomb you make' (no video only audio)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPh7kOLdh_U