support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Music Festivals in 2009 - any experiences?

TomMapfumo

Locality
Skabertawe, South Wales
My wife and youngest daughter are going to accompany me to 3 festivals this year:

1. Wychwood Festival at end of May 2009 (Cheltenham, Glos.).
2. Kippertronix Festival in July 2009 (somewhere in Mid Wales near Newtown).
3. Workhouse Festival in July 2009 (just outside Welshpool, Mid Wales).

I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has attended any of them, if any. Otherwise any experiences of going to such festivals with family/kids would be nice to hear about. We have not made final bookings so any other recommendations would also be welcome.

Anyway, back to the Specials & Coltrane!
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Tom,
We were back in the UK last summer and went to The Big Chill (me, my wife and our two boys: Miles & Louis). It was one of the highlights of our trip.

They have a family camping field (quiet at a reasonable time), and there was loads of activities for children of all ages.

There was also an excellent line up:

Pee Wee Ellis
The Buzzcocks (played like the last 30 years didn't happen)
The Promise
John Hegley
The Mighty Boosh
Martha Wainwright

We are just working out whether we can afford to come home this summer; one of the main reasons being another Big Chill experience.

Food was good, there were showers with hot water and the toilets were emptied regularly.

Big Chill - that's where I'd be.

Cheers Josh!

Sounds like a good experience - just a shame its in Hertfordshire; it will probably be full of Cocker knees 'rarnd the old joanna, 'aving a right knees up!:gathering::gathering:

I've been looking at the website, and will put it to a vote:w00t:
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

July will see me at the Swanage Jazz Festival.
Very child friendly, and they won't need ear plugs either.

I'm not nearby - but airfares are dropping ~ like I said - there's a guest house at the end of the driveway - sleeps 6 - BR members welcome! PM me if you're interested.

June 5-14th in Burlington, Vermont - Discover Jazz Festival
Volunteering at this one - http://www.discoverjazz.com/

Supposedly one of the top 10 festivals in the world (according to "The Music Festival Guide"). Features: Branford Marsalis, Grace Kelly Quintet, Pink Martini, Diana Krall, Pato Banton, Esparanza Spaulding, Trio Braam DeJoode Vatcher, and about 20 more (huge variety) if you click on the link you'll find an artist line-up list with links and music samples.

June 30 to July 12 - the 30th Annual Festival International de Jazz de Montreal ~ sneaky Quebequoise - they say they're not posting the festival website until June 3 and the line up until June 8, but if you navigate the calendar, you can see most of the line up anyway. I see Ornette Coleman scheduled for July 9 !!
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx

There are lots of free clinics listed - am going for the first time this summer and I've lived an hour away for 11 years - the kids are finally old enough for me to leave or bring with me! :sax:

Thanks Tom for making me think ahead about summer music plans!

Pee Wee Ellis
The Buzzcocks (played like the last 30 years didn't happen)
The Promise
John Hegley
The Mighty Boosh
Martha Wainwright
what about Leonard Cohen- he was amazing when I saw him! Saw Martha Wainwright at Glastonbury- she was superb too..... Lovely site they use for the Big Chill the walk down through the woods from the campsite to the arena was gorgeous (assuming they laid things out the same as when I was there the previous year)....
Tom, hang on it's in Herefordshire... pretty near T' Welsh Border, no less!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am playing on the Morecambe Blues Festivel on the 20th of June on the west coast so any 1 near by come and cheer,ye ha

I am playing on the Morecambe Blues Festivel on the 20th of June on the west coast so any 1 near by come and cheer,ye ha
Have you ever heard of the Voisey Blues Festival in Cheshire? We've been offered that one but can't get much info on it..

Have you ever heard of the Voisey Blues Festival in Cheshire? We've been offered that one but can't get much info on it..

Not heard of that 1,were playing on the pier or promanade up to now on the day time and might be getting a nite time slot in a pub,just waiting to hear on the 2nd slot,we also playing the Newcastle blue's festival also which we have 2 gig's,

Back
Top Bottom