support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Mouthpieces you regret moving on

Hamfist

I love any talk about mouthpieces, and Pete's recent thread about how many MP's people own and/or use got me thinking about the ones I regret selling.

For me there are two specifically. the first is a tenor 10mFan Robusto gen II, and the 2nd is a Sakshama branford marsalis.

Damn, why did I sell those MPs ??

I had an Onxyite PPT customized by Morgan Fry years ago for maximum harmonic sensitivity. The result was spectacular and- at the time I was using it- it worked perfectly for my 'guitar on the verge of breaking up into feedback' sound concept. After selling it in a moment of skintness I've never found a set up which I could so accurately control to hang on the edge of chaos..... not to everyone's taste but it was enormously satisfying when touring with Sandy Dillon (pretty spiky and chaotic music)

I only really regret selling on, which was a Berg larsen 120/0 duckbill. It played great, and I should have kept it. I'm not going to beat myself up over it though, as I know that, if I really tried hard enough, over time, I could eventually get another one.

Back
Top Bottom