• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Mouthpieces Morgan Classical 9*. The best mouthpiece for 12M (for me)?

Messages
507
Location
rome
This is the only mouthpiece currently in production that can hold its own against my Otto Link Slant. I’ve been playing this Morgan Classical for a while now, and to me it's just wonderful. Finally, someone made a "no-baffle" baritone mouthpiece with a one-inch neck extension—essential for those who play a Conn.
I want to make clear that I have no sponsorship or any endorsement deal; I bought the mouthpiece just like anyone else. What do you think?

P.S. Turn on English subtitles in the youtube menu.

P.P.S I have played the Morgan Florida, which I returned for the classical. so you can compare both.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZFd2_aftKM
 
You have a great sound! Thanks for posting this. I play a 1918-ish NW1 which I had a neck extension soldered-on a long time ago, and more recently acquired a more fully-keyed NW2. I was wondering about making a mouthpiece extension for this one, which is a bit less invasive - nice to see it done here. The metal Link I use has a thin paralell form over the neck cork which should mean making something reasonably elegant to extend it, not too difficult... 🙂
 
thanks Mark. I think that making an extension on the mouthpiece is way better than changing the original neck dimensions. I think that it's good to see that a mouthpiece company understood this problem and made a mouthpiece in two versions, normal and with an extended neck. Of course you can make an extension by yourself if you have some manual dexterity!
 
I couldn’t find the Morgan clips.

It’s a lovely sound.

It’s a mouthpiece that enables great control even at pp. In the video you play mostly in this controlled, quieter way - is that because you’re just amazed at how much control it allows or will it not do much else? Is it too classical and remains very controlled (restricted?) even when pushed?

If you don’t want any bark at all when pushed then this mouthpiece is the one.
 
Hello Pete, I was amazed by the dynamic range. If you listen tò the all video catefully there were moments where I played loud. There were gobs of volume in the studio that filled the room. You can absolutely get some low notes bark with It, but without getting harsh. I discussed my sound concept in the video, based on Mulligan and Chaloff. Maybe it's Just me, but I'm tired of the edgy lawnmover sound on many recordings. If you want that kind of sound this mouthpiece Is not for you.
 
Hello Pete, I was amazed by the dynamic range. If you listen tò the all video catefully there were moments where I played loud. There were gobs of volume in the studio that filled the room. You can absolutely get some low notes bark with It, but without getting harsh. I discussed my sound concept in the video, based on Mulligan and Chaloff. Maybe it's Just me, but I'm tired of the edgy lawnmover sound on many recordings. If you want that kind of sound this mouthpiece Is not for you.
This Is the Florida model

View: https://youtu.be/5VBd_-hgM2w


Anyway you gave the idea of playing an another recordings tò get really loud tò show how the mouthpiece plays when pushed.
Bye, Fabrizio
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,295
Messages
576,996
Members
8,094
Latest member
nilocssss
Back
Top Bottom