support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Middle aged madness

Paul_Elmer

Locality
Preston, UK, and Istanbul, Turkey
Hi - I'm Paul, and I've been playing on and off for 30 years or so, in a fairly predictable cycle:

- miss playing
- find a band
- realise how rusty I am
- practice, get back to OK again
- life/work interrupts play
- repeat from top

Currently in Preston, with a new baby on the way - so maybe I'm in the market for a saxophone mute - do those foam ones work? I bet I could make one myself that would work just as well...any ideas?

Welcome to the caff Paul.
You are having the baby? Ever thought of adding "ine" to your name?
Was going to remark that Elmers End is just down the tram line from here but I wont, in case it becomes og's End.
ENJOY!

Mmm...this prompted a discussion with my wife, and in the end we decided that, on balance, she should have the baby. Call us boring and conventional, but that's the way we're doing it.

Mmm...this prompted a discussion with my wife, and in the end we decided that, on balance, she should have the baby. Call us boring and conventional, but that's the way we're doing it.

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum I think you may be right about the baby,that's the way we did it I think ,can't remember properly now, as for the mute haven't you seen those cute little shaped boxes on ebay you can place your little sax in and blow away to your hearts delight until it breaks your back,I bet they sell loads of them?:))):))):)))..john

Welcome Paul. A mute might get you out of the life/work interrupts play part of the cycle, but by most accounts they are not that effective.
After our second child was born a learned academic that I knew came up to me at a meeting at work and said "Congratulations...Have you found what causes it yet?"
YC

Welcome to the cafe. Why use a mute? Just apply a Pampas to the wrong end (of the baby ;}) And then blow as hard as you like (not the baby :shocked:)

...especially useful if you play c@*p..........!

Big welcome to Cafe Sax from the Welsh trumpeter - Kilometres Evans :w00t::w00t:;}
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

There is something on the market that looks a flour bag. Some say it is quite effective.

... if you've got some flour you need to carry.

Welcome to the cafe Paul. Good to see you've sparked a few comical responses already, you'll fit in nicely around here.

Phil

Welcome to the forum Paul.
New baby! Now that's really creative could be tiring in your 30 year loop process!

Enjoy
Cheers & ciao
Jimu

Back
Top Bottom