support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Microphones for recording at home (and software)

OK, so I've got the mic working and its great! Easy-peasey to set up - well on the mac you just plug it in!

I am having some problems with getting things recorded though especially backing tracks. It seems that all of the tracks I want to import are either too complex or the wrong format for Audacity or Garage.

I cannot import from iTunes or direct from CD. Help!

OK, so I've got the mic working and its great! Easy-peasey to set up - well on the mac you just plug it in!

I am having some problems with getting things recorded though especially backing tracks. It seems that all of the tracks I want to import are either too complex or the wrong format for Audacity or Garage.

I cannot import from iTunes or direct from CD. Help!

Hi Ian,

I've not played with Audacity so can't comment on it but have recently been playing with Garage Band. To get my backing tracks out of iTunes and into Garage Band I simply drag from the iTunes window and drop it into Garage Band window. If I have a track already set up in Garage Band I drop it in on that, if not it automatically creates the track for me.

I suspect you won't be able to rip from a CD with Garage Band so you'll have to import it into iTunes first.

All the backing tracks I have in iTunes are in the ACC format, which is the default iTunes format so unless you've changed that it shouldn't be an issue.

Do you get any specific error messages? What version of iTunes and Garage Band are you using?

Glad the mic works.

All the best,

Chris

Mic

Glad it's working OK Ian. As we discussed on the 'phone, it was always likely to be either a straightforward plug in and play or a nightmare. It's good that it turned out to be the former.

Now all you need to do is post us a sound clip.

Hi Ian,

I've not played with Audacity so can't comment on it but have recently been playing with Garage Band. To get my backing tracks out of iTunes and into Garage Band I simply drag from the iTunes window and drop it into Garage Band window. If I have a track already set up in Garage Band I drop it in on that, if not it automatically creates the track for me.

I suspect you won't be able to rip from a CD with Garage Band so you'll have to import it into iTunes first.

All the backing tracks I have in iTunes are in the ACC format, which is the default iTunes format so unless you've changed that it shouldn't be an issue.

Do you get any specific error messages? What version of iTunes and Garage Band are you using?

Glad the mic works.

All the best,

Chris

Chris

That 'drag from iTunes' into Garage worked a treat. I tried to import before and couldn't get it to work!

I have no idea how to use Garage though. Have tried a recording with Audacity and that was OK. Do you know of a good tutorial on how to use Garage?

Now all you need to do is post us a sound clip.

I'll try to do something simple over this weekend - oh the pressure of a public performance...........