support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Maple Walnut Peanut Butter and Pepper Jelly on an English Muffin

Luluna

Café Supporter
Locality
Vermont, USA
Returning home late Wednesday night from a Jazz Ensemble rehearsal, too tired to cook - but starving - this is what I really eat after a gig or rehearsal.

- English muffin, toasted.

- Generous slather of Vermont Peanut Butter Company's Maple Walnut peanut butter on each side of the toasted muffin.

- Finish with a generous dollop of hot pepper jelly.

:)

Well I know what a muffin is but as for the rest of it:confused:

- Generous slather of Vermont Peanut Butter Company's Maple Walnut peanut butter on each side of the toasted muffin.

- Finish with a generous dollop of hot pepper jelly.

:)

Sounds like we need to order a consignment of this stuff to be shipped over to the UK Cafe for our consumption - or do we all just get group booking discount for flights and land on your doorstep one night, unexpectedly, after your rehearsals?

Mine will be without the hot pepper jelly though - I'm a whoosie when it comes to natural heat in my food ;}

Mel

The Vermont Peanut Butter Company has a factory across the street from the grocery store I shop at - stopped in one day and what a dangerous diversion it proved to be! The pepper jelly is local too - the more flakes of red pepper in it the better.

I've always had an "Open-Door" policy for visitors from the Cafe - no takers yet - and I have plenty of peanut butter, guest quarters, dogs, kids and for 7 months of the year, LOTS of snow.

It's great stuff:

http://www.vtpeanutbutter.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea what's in the pepper jelly, Luluna, apart from red pepper. I'm a very keen preserver and always on the look out for new ideas. Could be any fruit, redcurrant, tomato I suppose.
Nice to see you back again.
Andrew

Any idea what's in the pepper jelly, Luluna, apart from red pepper. I'm a very keen preserver and always on the look out for new ideas. Could be any fruit, redcurrant, tomato I suppose.
Nice to see you back again.
Andrew

I was wondering about this as well. If you google pepper jelly recipe, quite a few come up. But is it chilli/sweet? Do put us out of our misery.

The Vermont Peanut Butter Company has a factory across the street from the grocery store I shop at - stopped in one day and what a dangerous diversion it proved to be! The pepper jelly is local too - the more flakes of red pepper in it the better.

I've always had an "Open-Door" policy for visitors from the Cafe - no takers yet - and I have plenty of peanut butter, guest quarters, dogs, kids and for 7 months of the year, LOTS of snow.

It's great stuff:

MMMMMMMMM the website has sooooo many options. Gotta contact them and see if they have a UK stockist, and if not, get a box of a few choices shipped to my home address asap (after checking what Customs and Excise might charge me to bring it in!!)

Think you just sorted my christmas prezzie for my peanut butter loving hubby!!! cheers!!! x

MMMMMMMMM the website has sooooo many options. Gotta contact them and see if they have a UK stockist, and if not, get a box of a few choices shipped to my home address asap (after checking what Customs and Excise might charge me to bring it in!!)

Think you just sorted my christmas prezzie for my peanut butter loving hubby!!! cheers!!! x

I hope they are able to help you out with your Christmas present - they are really nice people - I am lucky to live near the factory store. If shipping, etc. gets to cumbersome, send me a private message and I would be happy to pick some up and ship it to you.

The UK phrase/equivalent is Chilli Jam. Here is a bulk recipe:

Makes about 3-4 jars.

400g cherry tomatoes
9 red peppers
9 red chillies
6 garlic cloves
a thumb-sized chunk of root ginger
700g sugar
200ml cider vinegar

Step 1: Finely chop the tomatoes, peppers, chillies, garlic and ginger. You can use a food processor if you prefer. Don't be daft about touching your eyes or anywhere else that might sting!

Step 2: Put the sugar and vinegar into a pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the tomatoes, peppers, chillies, garlic and ginger and simmer until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has a thick, sticky consistency.

Step 3: Bring to the boil, and cook on high for 1 minute, being careful not to let the jam boil over. Pour the jam into hot, sterilised jars; where it will keep for up to a year, or 1 month in the fridge once you've opened it.

Love the muffin, peanut butter & pepper jelly combo sounds really good!

Currently with muffins I boil a kettle and pour the water over some kipper fillets for 10mins before draining. Rinse some spinach and wilt in a small pan before draining, and poach some eggs. On the toasted buttered muffin I place spinach, topped by a half a kipper fillet and then poached egg, topped with some lemon mayonnaise and black pepper.

It's great stuff:

Sounds very tempting. Shropshire being on the north Midlands / North West boundary, is more likely to rust shut than anything else. It is very green and mid-Shropshire has spectacular 'English' scenery with rolling hills.

There's fair amount of cheese made locally. The Shropshire Union canal (Llangollen branch) is 200 yards away. We don't usually get much snow and if we do, it is unusual for it to last (except in 2010).

You're very welcome to visit. This is where I try get my bacon and sausages from - they're down the road from me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Luluna!

So sorry we've not made it over to Vermont, despite the want of trying. Daughter 1 was competing her A levels prior to getting a place at University (she is currently at university in North Carolina - a one term placement). Daughter 2 had GCSE's and then AS level examinations this year, and A levels next year. And we have a 2 year old dog (German Pointer) who would need looking after also. It is still on our agenda, though!

Kind regards
Tom

Sounds very tempting. Shropshire being on the north Midlands / North West boundary, is more likely to rust shut than anything else. It is very green and mid-Shropshire has spectacular 'English' scenery with rolling hills.

There's fair amount of cheese made locally. The Shropshire Union canal (Llangollen branch) is 200 yards away. We don't usually get much snow and if we do, it is unusual for it to last (except in 2010).

You're very welcome to visit. This is where I try get my bacon and sausages from - they're down the road from me

Lovely website for Maynards Farm - would love to put an order in there! Thank you also for the invite - :) Maybe we should start a CS House Swap thread? ;)

Hi Luluna!

So sorry we've not made it over to Vermont, despite the want of trying. Daughter 1 was competing her A levels prior to getting a place at University (she is currently at university in North Carolina - a one term placement). Daughter 2 had GCSE's and then AS level examinations this year, and A levels next year. And we have a 2 year old dog (German Pointer) who would need looking after also. It is still on our agenda, though!

Kind regards
Tom

Tom, the invite stands - Vermont isn't going anywhere :) Is your daughter at Chapel Hill in NC? We are heading to the Outer Banks in NC with all four children (28, 25, 20 and the 9ner) converging at a house we rented on the beach for a week. It's a nice escape before the winter hits.

We were lucky and found a neighbor to look after our old schnauzer and the crazy Weimaraner puppy I rescued in a moment of severe insanity. Life gets busier and busier. I thought as I got older I'd have more time - delusional I am.

Great recipe for the an alternate version of pepper jelly! Many thanks for posting it.

My daughter (17yo) has really taken to the Chilli Jam recipe and made some for my birthday last week. Also good with cheese on toast, but yet to try with the peanut butter - maybe tonight! Daughter (20yo) is in Greensboro - back to UK on 19th December.

Back
Top Bottom