All profit supporting   special needs music

Saxophones Lupifaro another new sax to think about

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
It was Davey who told me about Stephanhouser horns! He sold me his alto. It is heavy, solid, slick and just a great sax. The tenor is even better!

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Please keep the personal comments out of this thread.

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
If that post is aimed at me@kev then I may as well pack up being a member! Davey played a Step, he also plays a Lupifaro Platinum. The connection with all of this is HIS recommendation.............it always appears to be a good one. What do you dislike about personal opinions? I only HAVE personal opinions......

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
In connection with my previous personal post here is Davey Sax playing a Lupifaro...........https://soundcloud.com/db-jazz-project

Personally..........................I like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I thought that too Prof but it wasn`t aimed at you .. read previous posts to yours pertaining to Davey;s sax buying ..............

BTW Davey asked me to send his regards to the gang here (he does read here how and again)

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I was in contact with him at the weekend! Yes, I misunderstood the thread.....

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Sorry, just got back in.

No I wasn't getting at anyone in particular. But as Ads has pointed out (thanks) some of the earlier posts were borderline. If mods don't step in early, things can go downhill fast. Personal opinions are welcome, but not posts commenting negatively about people.

Greg Strange

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand

If you are referring to my post at #40 it was done in jest and a good humour and was not the intention to maliciously ridicule, belittle, slag off or criticize any ex-member of this forum...,

36_20_21.gif~c200

Shakes head in disbelief...and walks away...for good...

Greg S.

curlybob

curlybob

Locality
Liverpool
A quick heads up - slightly different subject but still on the Lupifaro thread. I just got some Lupifaro reeds to try - they're real nice! There's two cuts -
classic (traditional Vandoren style) and jazz. They run a little heavy in strength so you might want to go down a half step ( I usually use alexander superials 3.5 or RJS 3M/H and found the Lupifaro Jazz 3 to be perfect). They're made by Rigotti to a specific design for Lupifaro. Pete Scaddan at Lupifaro saxophones UK has them available - they also come in 3 packs so not too expensive to try. Highly recommended!

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
They are very very good reeds. They also last a lot longer than Ricos!

ProfJames

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Use them for alcohol lolly sticks!

DavidUK

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
View attachment 4480 First gig on the Lupifaro Platinum tenor last night. Magnificent! Ripped through some Wayne Shorter, Monk, Mingus, Ballads - best saxophone I've played - super happy
Bob, I don't seem to be able to get the video to play...?

kevgermany

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Bob, I don't seem to be able to get the video to play...?
You're having us on... You know it's just a pic and are waiting for us to fall for it...

Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
I take it that Bob likes the Lupi platinum more than the TJ Horn-88 then :rolleyes:

Ads

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Maybe the Lupi is the Backup in case the Horn-88 fails at a gig or gets stolen , I`ve known people backup a Classic-II with a R&C 2-Voices (apparently the 2Vc is almost as good), of course it would take an Inderbinen to backup an Artemis ;)