• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Saxophone beginners Lower than a Bb?

Or, you could buy a baritone, but of course, as we all know , that is a step backwards musically, from the tenor .😉

OMG! That's a very LOW blow. :tongue-out:

And "I respectfully disagree"* and will take as proof my favorite sax player, Gerry Mulligan who demonstrated how phenomenal a baritone can be! The fact that very few players are capable of achieving the same only shows that there is not enough serious baritone players. The cost of a baritone might partly explain the shortage of players...
 
I think some folks are being a little modest here, and a bit slow to come forward

I happen to know that the Cafe Septet have found their own individual way to play a low A on tenor.

check out this clip from their last get together in Cheadle.

The young lady will remain nameless, but I understand she is from Yorkshire, which explains a lot.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHqUhzZXLWE

is that Cheadle, Indiana?
:headscratch:
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,259
Messages
575,928
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom