Teacher Wanted London, Carshalton area - Any local tutor?

Droptical

Hey Al,

Sounds good.
However I just realized I will not be in London on the 25th of October, my agenda is crammed with random bits and bobs, so at times I loose track.

However, they will also play on the 25th of November, I think.
And next Friday, the 22nd, which is tempting, but I have a work shift finishing at 9pm and my wife might have plans already for the evening. If I manage to move things around, I might go.
If I do I'll make sure to let you know!

Aldo
Oke doke, let me know - I could probably make it next Friday too.

Young Col

Aldo, others
Just to bring you up to date on the Sutton Black History Month gig I mentioned above. The venue and date have shifted three or more times and I have been on hols too. Anyway it's now (hopefully finally) confirmed for Sunday 5th November at
Sutton Lodge
139 Brighton Road
Sutton SM2 5SW
We are apparently supporting, accompanying or being accompanied by bongo player/singer Frank Holder. It's 2-5 pm. The organisers ask for a donation of £4 towards refreshments. Details at http://bhgsutton.org/index.php/event/musical-afternoon-with-frank-holder/
We'd be pleased to meet you or any other forum members who want to come along.
Colin

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Aldo, others
Just to bring you up to date on the Sutton Black History Month gig I mentioned above. The venue and date have shifted three or more times and I have been on hols too. Anyway it's now (hopefully finally) confirmed for Sunday 5th November at
Sutton Lodge
139 Brighton Road
Sutton SM2 5SW
We are apparently supporting, accompanying or being accompanied by bongo player/singer Frank Holder. It's 2-5 pm. The organisers ask for a donation of £4 towards refreshments. Details at Musical Afternoon With Frank Holder | Sutton Black History Group
We'd be pleased to meet you or any other forum members who want to come along.
Colin

Feel free to list in Noticeboard too :)

Jx

OP
M

McAldo

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the update.
Unfortunately I normally work Sundays unless I inform my company well in advance that I would rather not to. But in a few days I should know what my shifts will be over that weekend, and sometimes I do not get hours assigned in the afternoon. In which case, I will be very happy to show up!

Not sure how many people will read notifications for this thread, perhaps it might be worth opening a dedicated thread to give it a bit more visibility.. not sure.. (edit: I see that Jeanette posted in the meanwhile, suggesting that too)

Cheers,
Aldo

Young Col

HI Aldo,
It was good to met you and your son yesterday and I hope you enjoyed the gig. It was slightly strange as the featured guest Frank Holder (who had backed Shirley Bassey among others apparently) had sadly died recently. Nevertheless the audience seemed to enjoy the gig (including some of Frank Holders relatives) and so did we.

Even if you don't take up the sax in the end, do keep up with the forum. As you've noticed, it's a friendly place for musos. Remember though that sop and alto saxes are quite light and you can always use use a harness to spread the load across your back.
Cheers
Colin

OP
M

McAldo

Hi Colin, thanks, we had a nice time :)
Sorry I did not get back to you earlier, the email I use for the forum went out of synch with my main account, so I only found out now.

In reality, I practise some every week, and I am getting a bit better I think. Right now I tend to practise violin more, mainly because the initial learning curve is much steeper. Also now that I sound a bit less out of tune, my wife is less intolerant of violin practise (interestingly, my neighbour prefers the sax instead).
As soon as I start sounding less dreadful on the violin, I will probably shift some additional time to the alto, and perhaps look for someone local to play with.

I think I'll get a new harness over Christmas, but despite my initial fears, for the moment the the most ergonomically challenging instrument seems to be the violin.

I would love to be on the forum more often, people here are very nice and helpful. But given I work broken shifts from home, I noticed that if I use my breaks to peer on internet sites, more often than not the day goes without managing to fit anything else in, including practise.
So I come and check every few week or so.

Speak you soon,
Aldo

Top Bottom