support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Liver and bacon surprise!

AlanU

A simple and effective recipe that takes a few minutes to prepare so that you can get on with more pressing things.

While you heat the oven to 200 degrees wash and cut up the lambs liver (if you fancy being finicky flour the liver) quickly fry it to seal it. Chuck it in a casserole dish and fry the onion you've cut up. Add the lightly fried onion and a tin of chopped tomatoes.
Add a tin of Oxtail Soup and crumble in an Oxo cube.
Pour in a generous quantity of Guinness or red wine.

After this anything goes.
You can leave it at that or include any small vegetables you want. Peas, carrots, sprouts, anything you like, really. Windsor or even Tabasco sauce can be added to taste, or lack of.

Do pressing things.

Go back into the kitchen at an apt time to either lob a large potato into the oven or into the microwave oven.
The more energetic among you may prefer to prepare a mashed potato addition to the mesuage.

Dole it out on a cold winters night and you'll be the hero of the hour.
Until some sophisticate mentions the absense of bacon.

The element of surprise!

Alan ~ sounds delicious. The weather has really cooled off here (snow on the mountaintop already) and this sounds like a perfect dish.

I cook my pot roast with Guinness instead of water and the flavor's great. What do you suggest for the liver?

Hello Lulu; nice to hear from you, and thanks for the compliment.

What do I suggest for the liver?
Laying off the sauce for a few days, orange juice and oodles of clean living until I fall off the wagon again. I'm told it's good for the kidneys too ;-)

By the way, not so long ago I saw 'Fried green tomatoes at the Whistle Stop cafe'. What a fantastic film, I love that it makes me cry all the way through when I need it to.
It prompted me to try some of those Southern recipes that are all on the internet.
What fun they are, and really easy to do. Great grub for the summer.
They also prompt a good salad of which my Mum would approve. So that's ok then.

Do you have any recipies for squirrell dispatched via Conn baritone?
Which makes me think, I haven't had rabbit since I was a kid. I'll have to speak to the butcher.

All the best, Alan

:)))

hmmmm don't some of those southern recipes call for ......okra! :w00t:

Since it's Friday night - the liver can wait to dry out til Monday - it's red wine tonight ;}

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom