• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Beginner Saxes Ligature help

If you care about the cosmetics of your mouthpieces dont use an inverted lig.
Most models dig nicely into the underside of the mouthpiece leaving little divits all over the place.

I made a lot of work for myself sanding and polishing one day when play testing with one.

As a result I think I stomped it flat...If I didnt I will next time I see it.
 
Most models dig nicely into the underside of the mouthpiece

Don't you mean the top of the mouthpiece?

I would think of the underside as the table and rails - I can understand why a refacer/maker might consider that the top, it's the bit they spend all day staring at 🙂
 
Im not sure what people consider what part...but I mean the part opposite the table
...where logos and such tend to live.

It doesnt make a performance difference but my feeling is that a good product avoids damage (cosmetic or not) to all parts of a mouthpiece.

If they dont...well they can kiss my axe due to their lack of appreciation for the work some of us do
 
[QUOTE="Phil, post: 381946, member: 209"...well they can kiss my axe ....[/QUOTE]
Nice! I'll go for "Kiss my maul", to avoid copyright issues, but always a hat tip for novel ways of being insulting.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,260
Messages
575,937
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom