All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Letting off steam...

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I can play sax and cello, but not for too long because of the reading probs
Long story short, I was looking forward to today, as I've had a very boring fortnight of not doing much, which is probably why I got so grumpy. Still am as the rest of the weekend is looking singularly uninteresting :confused:

Time to focus on improvisation and playing by ear. It won't hurt.

May I suggest going through new and old IOTM?

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
Everyone needs to let off steam and vent once in a while when they've been under stress and you have had a lot going on to cause that... Boredom is stressful in itself. I can fully sympathise with you about your let down as it was something positive that you were looking so forward to.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
@tenorviol Not long till we all meet again

Don't let it get you down, I have found the right teacher will turn up at the right time, just be patient :)

Jx

Jazzaferri

Over the years my experience with musicians has been somewhat akin to the infamous herding of felines. Some are really good and organized many not. I have to say I mostly play with improvisers so that may have something to do with it.

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
I think the end if the world is probably nigh, hence all these celebrity "deaths" they've all just departed already to a secret hide out, suspended animation or space station somewhere orbiting the earth or maybe even long gone to some other secretly discovered planet with earth like qualities. If Mick Jagger goes next it must be true.

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
Awwww Skeeter... Girlfren..... Let's go crazy and look at mouthpieces for an hour, lust over some Andy Shepperds' series saxophones and come away with a box of reeds each? That will make you feel better won't it? How about a T shirt emblazoned with "Sax Players are Saxy!" On the front?
(Well I don't shop for shoes and handbags or eat ice cream, so...)

Last edited:

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Awwww Skeeter... Girlfren..... Let's go crazy and look at mouthpieces for an hour, lust over some Andy Shepperds' series saxophones and come away with a box of reeds each? That will make you feel better won't it? How about a T shirt emblazoned with "Sax Players are Saxy!" On the front?
(Well I don't shop for shoes and handbags or eat ice cream, so...)
Was it necessary to specify on the front?
Do you need the reassurance in case they see the rear view first?

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I think that many people use t-shirts with funny quotes to distinguish back and front.
That is why originally football players were given numbers.

Top Bottom