• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Accessories Leather Bag for Neck?

I've tried a few different pouches for my sax neck over the years. Honestly, the microfiber bags work best for me—they don't scratch, and they’re easy to clean. I used to use an old Crown Royal bag like others here, but it wore out too fast. I also wouldn’t trust stiff leather ones, especially bull leather, it’s too rigid and can rub against the finish over time. If you’re just looking for a solid place to stash the neck without damage, I’d say go soft and lightly padded.
 
I would be wary of a leather bag unless you are sure the neck is dry inside. Leather will not allow it to dry naturally very quickly and could get a bit mildewy if left for a while.
 
Last edited:
Pulling a pistol rug from the bell of your horn, some may think it's a PPK, and call you, Bond, Bari Bond.
12 years ago I was "bell ringing" (playing a capela traditional Christmas carols) in front of Walgreens Drugstore. (This is an annual event fund raiser for the local Salvation Army Corps. The donations help them purchase food and provide utilities assistance (electric, gas, water to those in arrears with possibility of a utility company turning off their utilities) and other assistance to the poor).

2013-12-23 GH Bellringing Sax4.webp


The wind was so strong that day (we get at least 1 day a month winds with gusts to 50 mph (82 kph), that when I opened the case with the SUV rear door open, the wind blew away my Gard gig bag lightweight mouthpiece and neck pouch. It went across the 4 lane street intersection and out-of-site.

Shortly after, I was shopping at Gebo's, a farmer's supply and hardware store. For under $20 US, I found a very nice, quality padded zippered pistol case. I now put the Graftonite B5 mouthpiece with neck joined into it, which fits nicely in the bell of my early 1950's Beaugnier Vito baritone saxophone.

2025-01-09 Bolsa de pistola3.webp


Of course I purposely don't flaunt it if a law enforcement officer is nearby. :confused:
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,259
Messages
575,931
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom