support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes lavish delights particularly for music students worldwide

thesaxman71

Account Closed
hi,
i hereby give you my slightly exotic recipe that has helped me in years past and countless students worldwide survive but particularly students in the U.K...

here we go

ingredients:

1... 1 or 2 pieces of bread (white or brown) the cheapest supermarket 'own brand' is prefered
2... 1 tin of baked beans - supermarket 'own brand' is also prefered

method:

open the tin of beans and pour into small to medium sized pan, heat on oven ring (or hob) on the highest possible setting for 3 minutes, this allows the beans to stick to the bottom of the pan for a nice thicker sauce you can scrape off or simply put the beans into a bowl then put into a life changing device called a 'microwave' then heat up for 2.5 to 3 minutes (time may vary from different microwave power). Whilst the beans are being heated up you can insert the bread slices into a fancy device known as a 'toaster', put the device on it's highest setting and allow the bread to get cooked til there is a distinct smell of smoke or your smoke alarm starts sounding, then take out the toasted/slightly cremated bread, apply margarine or butter place the 'toast/burnt offering' on a plate then pour the heated baked beans over the toast only stop pouring when the beans spill over the sides a little and ,"hey presto", you got yourself an inexpensive exotic culinery delight!
use a knife and fork to eat with, if non available then any blunt object will do!

enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a student I used to do a very similar dish - but without the bread. I called it, "beans on plate".
oooh a clever and interesting variaton on a theme, hmm, maybe we can offer that 'fancy' recipe to all seeking new and interesting dishes in a diet quest as it does contain less calories than my slightly more exotic offering.

I got through uni on cheese on toast. The cheapest, nastiest cheddar you can buy, grilled until it's rock hard, with a spalsh of Worcester sauce (not too much, now; it's expensive).

Mm nice especially the burnt pan effect but I prefer tomatoes on toast. I believe in more exotic climes it is referred to as bruschetta.

I have to say that being a student is not necessary I still enjoy this dish regularly. I like mine rare though and just open the tin and use the bread to get the beans out. Even better nothing to wash up (I'm also partial to a cream egg sandwich).

I have to say that being a student is not necessary I still enjoy this dish regularly. I like mine rare though and just open the tin and use the bread to get the beans out. Even better nothing to wash up (I'm also partial to a cream egg sandwich).
a funky and extravagant method to enjoy this exotic fancy also with an equally funky desert idea in that cream egg/bread combo, it might take me a while to ponder over such a lavish desert dish and work out the preparation formula :):):)!

The correct way to prepare said desert is - place one slice of bread on a sturdy surface/ table, unwrap egg place in centre of bread apply second slice of bread to the top and smash using palm of hand (thick bread is better). Once the egg is broken rub the two slices together to ensure even coverage and eat. It really is not as bad as it sounds:D

Back
Top Bottom